Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being an older woman different from being an older man? Watch

What's a woman to look forward to as she gets older, if she doesn't want kids? Since many men seem to prefer younger women. I came across a YouTube video which spoke about this and I was just looking for opinions. I'm not insulting women or anything as I am one myself but wondered is being older a disadvantage for women compared to men?

ReputationRep:
    yes ones a woman the other is a man

ReputationRep:
    Erm ... I don't really think so. I think men and women my age are pretty much on the same level.

(Original post by Supernova91)
    Erm ... I don't really think so. I think men and women my age are pretty much on the same level.
    What you on about your age you are young, I'm talking 40's/50's and older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conservationofmass)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Huh?

Yeah, women age in appearance more quickly (in general) once reaching middle age and society has much stricter standards for women's appearance anyway. Wrinkles and gray hair can make a man look more attractive but rarely is that the case with women?

What is the actual question?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have a great career, you're pretty much screwed as an older woman. You'll be invisible to men, and get no respect.

(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    If you don't have a great career, you're pretty much screwed as an older woman. You'll be invisible to men, and get no respect.
    Why no respect? You mean like the same as if an older man doesnt work/have a good income. Or no respect because shes older. I thought people respected older people more than younger

ReputationRep:
    Don't think there's much difference really. Unless you desire to make a laughing stock of yourself and date someone half your age, in which case it's probably a bit harder for women. But fortunately women typically don't feel the need to do this.

ReputationRep:
    It's no different. And don't listen to rubbish about men ageing better. Nearly all the old men I see are bald and fat... Definitely not silver foxes 😂

(Original post by Conservationofmass)
      Just what I was thinking :lol:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.