Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I got an offer from UEL, to start in 2017 studying Psychology. I was wondering if anyone else is too?

Also, as I'm still deciding which offer to accept, could anyone that goes to this university give me an insight on what it's like? Possibly the accommodation, resources, any activities to participate in and anyone who studies psychology there already!

All tips, info and opinions are welcome. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, did you do their math and English test? If so, would you mind sharing some
    Tips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Healthscience82)
    Hello, did you do their math and English test? If so, would you mind sharing some
    Tips.
    Hi, I didn't have to do any tests!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ^_^

I've studied at UEL before transferring to another uni (animation btw), I can't exactly comment on the course/tutors and such of Psychology but the management I had to deal with was really unorganised.

My tutors and courses were alright in my opinion; understandable, nice, friendly etc. But when you go to office for enquiries, deadlines, issues about technical stuff, you get a bunch of people that are supposed to help you but don't know what you're asking for and direct you in infinite circles without a concrete way to actually resolve things without fearing that you'll fail/be withdrew from uni for a while.

Apparently some other courses are not exactly organised either but I can't exactly speak for it since I never experienced it besides the Illustration and Animation ones, but I would honestly recommend digging up cons and pros before going. I personally wished I did since I had no idea of UEL having a bad rep, especially being from another country lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissIntrov)
    Hey!
    I got an offer from UEL, to start in 2017 studying Psychology. I was wondering if anyone else is too?

Also, as I'm still deciding which offer to accept, could anyone that goes to this university give me an insight on what it's like? Possibly the accommodation, resources, any activities to participate in and anyone who studies psychology there already!

I started there in September doing Psychology and I'd highly recommend! One of the top Universities in the UK for research, so that's always a good start. The facilities there are amazing too. Such a good course to study, with some of the best staff I've ever come across!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissIntrov)
    Hey!

Heya, have been to see the accommodation and it all looks super good tbh, the buildings are modern and the people I talked to seemed super friendly! I'm doing Psychology too, let me know if you wanna chat!

ReputationRep:
    My teachers make fun of UEL on a daily basis, it has a very poor reputation apparently. However when I attended open day the facilities were nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0918Alexandra)
    My teachers make fun of UEL on a daily basis, it has a very poor reputation apparently. However when I attended open day the facilities were nice.
    So do mine 😂, but again, it seemed alright when I went to look and the people I met there seemed friendly enough, are you starting in Sep?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you're going to uel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.