Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I didn't see a thread for us, so I thought I'd make one!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm so happy there is now a forum for us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amydentistry)
    Hey! I'm so happy there is now a forum for us!
    ahaha yeah, have you started preparing for your ukcat, and which uni's have you started looking at?

ReputationRep:
    no ukcat prep no, will start for that after exams I think! Currently looking at Dundee, Glasgow, possibly Kings and Manchester! How about you? You started any UKCAT prep? Also what subjects are you taking this year?

ReputationRep:
    no ukcat prep no, will start for that after exams I think! Currently looking at Dundee, Glasgow, possibly Kings and Manchester! How about you? You started any UKCAT prep? Also what subjects are you taking this year?
    I'm doing maths bio and chem this year as my school does that new linear spec. I really loved Birmingham, but im thinking KCL, Bristol and possibly Newcastle? Im not sure yet though i've not been to many open days...I've legit just looked over what the UKCAT has in it I havent done much at all

ReputationRep:
    You guys are eager! Best of luck to you all.

ReputationRep:
    Eager or just smart considering we have to apply in over 6 months? Thanks!
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    You guys are eager! Best of luck to you all.

ReputationRep:
    Eager or just smart considering we have to apply in over 6 months? Thanks!
    Haha, when I was in your situation last year I was having fun!
    Try and ensure you all have your work exp organised well in advanced.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! what extracurriculars have you done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rameow)
    hey guys! what extracurriculars have you done?
    MUN!!! I love MUN lmao, but I'm doing piano, violin and kathak as well! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChinchillaMad)
    MUN!!! I love MUN lmao, but I'm doing piano, violin and kathak as well! What about you?

NICE! i do volunteering, cooking and dance!
    but it feels like my personal statement is empty.... Hows the UKCAT for you? im absolutely dreading it...... I have no idea where to start.

ReputationRep:
    NICE! i do volunteering, cooking and dance!
    but it feels like my personal statement is empty.... Hows the UKCAT for you? im absolutely dreading it...... I have no idea where to start.
    Don't worry about the UKCAT yet.. focus on subjects for now and doing ECs etc

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the UKCAT yet.. focus on subjects for now and doing ECs etc
    honestly, im more worried about the UKCAT than actual a levels xD

ReputationRep:
    honestly, im more worried about the UKCAT than actual a levels xD
    There's no need to be! The UKCAT is a test you will of course want to prepare for, but it can be done with good strategy.
    Reading the newspaper will be good prep until the UKCAT, if you want.
    It doesn't have to be a newspaper, could be a magazine or something. Just read it regularly, and try to do it quickly but not too quick! Maybe jot down some of the main pots after reading an article.

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to be! The UKCAT is a test you will of course want to prepare for, but it can be done with good strategy.
    Reading the newspaper will be good prep until the UKCAT, if you want.
    It doesn't have to be a newspaper, could be a magazine or something. Just read it regularly, and try to do it quickly but not too quick! Maybe jot down some of the main pots after reading an article.

thank you! do you have any tips on the maths testing questions? i do a levels maths but i still find the questions weird :/

ReputationRep:
    thank you! do you have any tips on the maths testing questions? i do a levels maths but i still find the questions weird :/
    I think I got 750 or something in QR so it wasn't too bad
    Just practice lots, but don't worry about that until later
    Feel free to PM me in summer we can go through some tips etc (after the start of July)

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 750 or something in QR so it wasn't too bad
    Just practice lots, but don't worry about that until later
    Feel free to PM me in summer we can go through some tips etc (after the start of July)

thank you so much!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am a dental student that has passed all the application process and plan to give this one day workshop to help you and guide you through this process. Feel free to check out this https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-t...ts-32744341206

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChinchillaMad)
    ahaha yeah, have you started preparing for your ukcat, and which uni's have you started looking at?
    Hey guys, I am a dental student that has passed all the application process and plan to give this one day workshop to help you and guide you through this process. Feel free to check out this https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-t...ts-32744341206

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.