Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Y-FRONTS driftyukgcciugdyifusr
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about passing your Skills Test before the interview. If the Tutor is happy to offer you a place following on from your interview, they will make passing your QTS Skills Test a condition of your offer. You will then have until the 1st August to pass the tests, so do not stress! :cool:

We also offer support sessions for candidates who need to complete the tests following on from their interview. These are one off sessions and they provide applicants with a sound grasp of the skills required and what to expect when you sit the test. If you are interested you can book a place at one of the sessions here.

If you have any more questions let me know

Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
    I wouldn't worry about passing your Skills Test before the interview. If the Tutor is happy to offer you a place following on from your interview, they will make passing your QTS Skills Test a condition of your offer. You will then have until the 1st August to pass the tests, so do not stress! :cool:

We also offer support sessions for candidates who need to complete the tests following on from their interview. These are one off sessions and they provide applicants with a sound grasp of the skills required and what to expect when you sit the test. If you are interested you can book a place at one of the sessions here.

If you have any more questions let me know

Rebecca
    Thank you, that's great news

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rebecca The deadline is for the 1st of August but one of my tests has been booked for the 7th...do I need to change this?Also I'm worried that I may fail...if this was to happen will my offer be withdrawn? (( Or would I be able to resist during the process ?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kkay2998)
    Hi Rebecca The deadline is for the 1st of August but one of my tests has been booked for the 7th...do I need to change this?Also I'm worried that I may fail...if this was to happen will my offer be withdrawn? (( Or would I be able to resist during the process ?
    I have checked with the Admissions Team and for those who have yet to complete their QTS Skills Test, they have until the 31st August to pass. The 7th of August is therefore OK :thumbsup:

If you fail the test, then you have another two attempts to pass it. The first attempt at each test is free of charge, and then a fee of £19.25 will be payable for any resits.
    Unfortunately, if you are not successful at your third attempt, your application will be unsuccessful. You will then have to wait two years before being eligible to apply for another PGCE. At that time you will be entitled to three further skills test resits.

Further information on the QTS Skills test can be found at http://sta.education.gov.uk/.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Rebecca

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.