Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I've decided to take a gap year out to work, as well as thoroughly think on what I want to do as a career and that I definitely want to do history (I have also picked a course in History and Japanese, and I was debating on a joint degree in History and English Literature). I study History, English Literature and Art at A level and my predicted grades are BBB.

1. When I apply, can I pick my firm and insurance choices after my gap year? I haven't had the opportunity to have a look at all the universities, and I don't want to pick two that I haven't seen.

2. Will they reject me if I pick a Uni that has grades that are higher than my predicted? - lets say AAB or ABB.

3. Should I just wait and apply next year?

I've always been stuck on what to do. I'm good at art but I feel like there's no point in doing a degree and if I decide to do an career hopefully the work will show for itself. I thought history would provide more opportunities, as well as learning a language or studying literature. I love Japan and the culture and would one day like to visit - maybe I might find what I'm looking for there? I'm not entirely sure.

Its stressful because a majority of my friends instinctively know what they want to do - for example, one of my friends wants to be a vet, so shes studying for that, a majority of my friends are in the sciences.

Any help? It would be appreciated.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.