Acting School Audition! Watch

ghazialruffai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I'm new to the website so apologies if I do anything wrong lol
Basically, I'm audition for Guildford School of Acting in a few weeks and I was wondering how strict they are with the whole thing? I'm applying for BA Acting and on the website it states that we should prepare one classical speech pre1800s and one contemporary speech post 1950s. The reason I'm asking this is because I was hoping to take a monologue from The Glass Menagerie for my contemporary speech but that was written in 1944 so...yeah ahaha! Any response would be really appreciated 😊
University of Surrey
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ghazialruffai)
Hi all, I'm new to the website so apologies if I do anything wrong lol
Basically, I'm audition for Guildford School of Acting in a few weeks and I was wondering how strict they are with the whole thing? I'm applying for BA Acting and on the website it states that we should prepare one classical speech pre1800s and one contemporary speech post 1950s. The reason I'm asking this is because I was hoping to take a monologue from The Glass Menagerie for my contemporary speech but that was written in 1944 so...yeah ahaha! Any response would be really appreciated 😊
Hiya

I would recommend calling GSA directly and asking them - better to be safe than sorry! The number is +44(0)1483 68 4040. Alternatively, you could tweet/DM them @The_GSA as they are usually quick to respond

Good luck with your audition!

All the best,
Ashley
YasminH18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I'm also auditioning for this this year, they are particularly strict with these rules, try to stick to these as much as possible otherwise this will show to them that you can't listen to simple instructions. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.41%
No (376)
72.59%

Watched Threads