Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone here!

I'm an international student who received an offer for Political Economy about a month ago.
    I have yet to receive decisions on two of my five choices, but I'm starting to consider which one I will firm.
    Is there anyone here who knows what it is like to take this course?
    What are some jobs that are possible afterwards?
    Is graduate work a viable choice? Maybe in Politics or Economics?

Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    I got my unconditional today. I´m international student. Talked a lot to people on the course. It provides a strong foundation for pretty much any economic research, political advisory, etc. Haha

All the best with your application

ReputationRep:
    I also got a question about PE at KCL...

I am just about to apply and now, in the application procedure, it says I need to add two references (otherwise I cannot submit my application). Now, is this correct or is there a mistake? I messaged them already but am curious to get a quick answer and doubt they will be fast to reply. However, the thing is they do not mention these two references to be necessary on the hp. Nor do they mention the deadline there which makes me a bit worried about the quality of the study. It seems pretty bad organized tbh..

Would be glad to hear an answer soon, because I should then organize some references rather sooner than later!

Best regards.

P.S.: In general, I am a bit worried about the possibility of specializing in austrian economics/liberalism (they do teach it and some of the profs are, as I think, austrians). If someone could add some words about how they think about PE regarding that topic... I would highly appreciate any remarks!

(Original post by pacman66)
    I also got a question about PE at KCL...

I am just about to apply and now, in the application procedure, it says I need to add two references (otherwise I cannot submit my application). Now, is this correct or is there a mistake? I messaged them already but am curious to get a quick answer and doubt they will be fast to reply. However, the thing is they do not mention these two references to be necessary on the hp. Nor do they mention the deadline there which makes me a bit worried about the quality of the study. It seems pretty bad organized tbh..

Would be glad to hear an answer soon, because I should then organize some references rather sooner than later!

Best regards.

P.S.: In general, I am a bit worried about the possibility of specializing in austrian economics/liberalism (they do teach it and some of the profs are, as I think, austrians). If someone could add some words about how they think about PE regarding that topic... I would highly appreciate any remarks!
    I don't think I can help you there. I'm guessing you're applying for masters?
    I applied for undergrad, so...
    Sorry about that!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Master, but don't worry. I am just about to write one reference letter and the other is written by my prof himself (wow), so it's fine.

Still not sure though... London is undoubtedly a more interesting city than Prague.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.