The Student Room Group

warwick vs exeter vs sussex

looking at studying abroad at one of these three uni's (warwick, exeter and sussex). Currently living in Australia and would appreciate any comments about the business modules they offer, social life and general location :smile:
Original post by jl024
looking at studying abroad at one of these three uni's (warwick, exeter and sussex). Currently living in Australia and would appreciate any comments about the business modules they offer, social life and general location :smile:

Not too sure on the business side of things, but Warwick and Exeter are slightly more academic. In regards to social life and location, Sussex is the place to be, very good night life and beautiful city, right on the seaside and an hour from London ! I'm thinking of putting Sussex as my first choice university this year, undecided though.
Original post by jl024

Warwick and Exeter are more academic but Warwick is very isolated.

Exeter is beautiful and near the coast - Sussex is nearer the coast but not such a nice environment.

Can you try to come over for a visit?
Lol, if you look at the Elite top 10 list, Warwick is in that. Exeter and Sussex are not. Warwick has a far more prestigious reputation so if you get the chance to study there, go for it! I'm from the US and I'm having the best time ever! :smile: x
Original post by jl024

Warwick is way ahead in terms of reputation and highly regarded for business/management/economics relative to the other two. Campus life is what you make out of it. If you want the London lifestyle then it is better to study there.
Reply 5
Actually If you look at the league tables, Sussex is ranked 39th in the world for the social sciences while Warwick is 60th. (
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2018/subject-ranking/social-sciences#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats )

Warwick has a better reputation in the sciences, not in the social sciences! Sussex is top with that! And you get Brighton, and London!

The location of Sussex is incredible, it's near Brighton and in the South downs national Park.

The social life is not all that much...
Reply 6
Original post by ak689
Actually If you look at the league tables, Sussex is ranked 39th in the world for the social sciences while Warwick is 60th. (
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2018/subject-ranking/social-sciences#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats )

Warwick has a better reputation in the sciences, not in the social sciences! Sussex is top with that! And you get Brighton, and London!

The location of Sussex is incredible, it's near Brighton and in the South downs national Park.

The social life is not all that much...

Warwick Uni is much better than Sussex in regards to reputation, just comparing the entry requirement you can see that (AAA vs ABB). Also, Warwick tops international rankings;
https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2017/business-management-studies
Reply 7
Hello! resuming this thread as I am really undecided between these unis too! I meet the entry requirements to study Psychology at Warwick, but I did love Sussex for his location and proximity to Brighton. I liked Warwick campus but felt a bit isolated and... how is student life in Leamington SPA, which seems to be the closest town? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending