Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fandom-queen)
    And yet we participate in the games.

Why are indian institutions such crap? It's either IIT/IISC or the deep dark pits of educated society.

btw, I wrote the IISC exam.........complete waste of 1000 rupees. I could only answer my name
    Even iitians aren't getting paid well. Even I attend fiitjee and now I feel I wasted my money and I lost in interest in engineering so I am planning to take economics/finance in UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurryHead)
    1.5 for me last year lol
    Great . I heard it was kinda hard this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I gave the KVPY too! Qualified, just about, and waiting for the interview. IISc is SUCH a beautiful place, shame its only got 120 seats.
    How in the good name...........?

Did you study cbse syllabus? the only section I could answer was biology because there's an overlap.

I respect IISC, it's the only institution which focusses on research. IIT too.

ReputationRep:

Did you study cbse syllabus? the only section I could answer was biology because there's an overlap.

I think BITS Pilani> IIT. Because they don't have reservation system

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an International student from India, and I've been offered admission to a 4 year course in Biochemistry at University College, Oxford. Now I really really want to go, because my country has very limited opportunities for research, but my full four year fees comes up to about 170000 GBP (everything included), which is WAY more than I can possibly afford. Is there any sort of financial assistance available to me? I know there are the Reach and Simon and June Li scholarships, but those are very limited in number. Can anyone help me?
    You should set up a GOFUNDME account for people to donate money to your costs

ReputationRep:

I'm in ISC, even I don't know how I did it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    You should set up a GOFUNDME account for people to donate money to your costs
    You know, I actually thought about it

ReputationRep:
    Btw what was the condition of your offer letter. A rank in jee less than 2k ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an international student from india too!

I want to study physics for 4 years in UoStAndrews but i can't afford it

It's coming to about 105000 GBP. (approx Rs. 17 lakhs a year, if you know what I mean, excluding travel, which'll add a few extra Rs. 100000, here and there)

I simply can't afford it. My father works a pretty decent job and we live comfortably, so I don't even know if we're eligible for it, but there's no way my father can afford it, since he has to save for his own old age, health etc. Having to pay my fees would mean them living on bare minimum and I couldn't do that.

You can start a fund raiser by setting up a GOFUNDME account for people to donate to the costs.

https://uk.gofundme.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Btw what was the condition of your offer letter. A rank in jee less than 2k ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, just 90% in all subjects

ReputationRep:
    ISC. Possibly the only indian board I respect, and some of the state ones.

ISC is tougher than CBSE from what I hear. So I'm not surprised. Well, at least you have that to fall back on.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just 90% in all subjects
    Damn that's great! For social science based applicants we need to attend a test called TSA for Oxford and after that we get interview plus we also need a great letter to recommendation

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know, I actually thought about it
    I think it is a great idea if you do.

Just explain how India has limited research opportunities so, studying abroad would fulfil your life ambition in your personal profile.

people will start donating.

Education is a human right and it is really sad that people can't further their education because they were not born wealthy.

ReputationRep:
    ISC is tougher than CBSE from what I hear. So I'm not surprised. Well, at least you have that to fall back on.
    It evens out I've heard?

ReputationRep:
    It evens out I've heard?
    You've finished your exam? It's in March, isn't it?

I've heard CBSE maths is tougher, but science in ISC is terribly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    You've finished your exam? It's in March, isn't it?

I've heard CBSE maths is tougher, but science in ISC is terribly difficult.
    Yep, boards in Feb-March. Going through some particularly harrowing preboards though.

Us international students have got it tough fees wise :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Even iitians aren't getting paid well. Even I attend fiitjee and now I feel I wasted my money and I lost in interest in engineering so I am planning to take economics/finance in UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did FIITJEE for a year. Hated it, and myself the entire time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Us international students have got it tough fees wise :sigh:
    Very true. Where you from?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, boards in Feb-March. Going through some particularly harrowing preboards though.
    I have mine then too. Mock is in a week. Haven't finished studying anything.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.