Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Duh, they need to provide the world with tech support…
    really?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you even apply knowing you can't afford it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    No they just told me to have a look at their bursaries list, some uni's have better ones than others e.g. Surrey which I have an offer from say if i get A*AA (their offer is AAA) I can get £1000/2000 a year bursary for all 3 years which is quite good (but I am not going with Surrey). And yeah I am definitely going to uni in UK, I live here and have done for 4 years but originally from Pakistan so i dont have a passport yet.

Ohh yeah sorry ahah thanks for the correction
    Lol I was wrong, I saw the Commonwealth website and Pakistan is indeed a commonwealth country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Petrol Head)
    Lol I was wrong, I saw the Commonwealth website and Pakistan is indeed a commonwealth country.
    Oh :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh :P
    Haha kitna pagal hu mein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Just because i said you should invest in your own country, doesn't mean that i am being racist okay>? Just realistic!
    Didn't call you specifically a racist, but I guess a guilty conscience needs to accuser. But yeah, I get what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peeked)
    Hi, im 14 years old and I am living in the UK, currently doing GCSEs. I am also from Indian origin and I feel real bad for you. I would dream of going to Oxford and I really want to one day. So you should be really proud of yourself for being offered a place at Oxford and I looked it up and the success rate is like 22.6% [2013 i couldn't find any later stats(brief look)] for biochemistry and you are from India making it a little harder. So you should keep trying and trying and maybe look for more help on places like reddit or something you might the answer you need.

I hope you do make it to Oxford and good job for making it this far.
    Hey, appreciate the support buddy. I'll check out reddit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurryHead)
    Didn't call you specifically a racist, but I guess a guilty conscience needs to accuser. But yeah, I get what you mean.
    Check out the race of my wife, then reevaluate your facts, okay??

ReputationRep:
    Check out the race of my wife, then reevaluate your facts, okay??
    ...I don't know your wife, nor do I want to know your wife pal.

ReputationRep:
    ...I don't know your wife, nor do I want to know your wife pal.
    OKay, you obviously don't get it

she's black...

ReputationRep:
    OKay, you obviously don't get it

she's black...
    Cool, well done proud of you buddy, doing a major service, hearty clap on the back for you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Haha kitna pagal hu mein
    Koi bat nai beta :P ho jata hai

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to study here and are prepared to wait, then move to the UK and live here for like 3 - 5 years [or for the time to elapse for you to be eligible for government funding] then apply for the universities again.

simples.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an International student from India, and I've been offered admission to a 4 year course in Biochemistry at University College, Oxford. Now I really really want to go, because my country has very limited opportunities for research, but my full four year fees comes up to about 170000 GBP (everything included), which is WAY more than I can possibly afford. Is there any sort of financial assistance available to me? I know there are the Reach and Simon and June Li scholarships, but those are very limited in number. Can anyone help me?
    As a Right winger I have to admit i'm not in favour of paying for the education of others, however India is a future Superpower and not assisting in educating their future is a missed opportunity. I would try a loan or you could set up a Gofundme page, I would happily donate £5.

ReputationRep:
    Koi bat nai beta :P ho jata hai
    Haha, thanks

ReputationRep:
    yea, you may be able to make money from go fund me, like that guy said he would donate £5 happily

ReputationRep:
    Kickstarter. If no one will fund you pay an Indian hooker to pretend to be going to Oxford for you.

Not even joking.

ReputationRep:
    You need to be talking to the university - Oxbridge is not short of a bob or two and neither are their alumni. They will be able to point you in the direction of possible funding streams - but at the end of the day no cash, no go.

ReputationRep:
    I am afraid but both Pakistan and India are not in commonwealth countries list. Commonwealth countries are the one where Queen Elizabeth is still a Queen to this date. Greater India was a commonwealth country but ince they got independent, they are no more

Psst! Correction, as @CurryHead said. SORRY

Countries with Her Majesty as their head of state are called "Commonwealth realms". Commonwealth countries are all members of The Commonwealth of Nations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    I don't think the U.K have access to American/foreign bank accounts, that's why grads leave the U.K and take their money with them so they don't have to pay back. It's stingy, but practical.
    In fact, my ex started working overseas upon graduation and tried to pay it back and no-one at the office cared.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.