Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am on my final placement for an MSc Radiotherapy course. I have recently been having doubts about the career to a point where I am physically anxious all the time.

I really want to drop out because I feel like I cannot transfer my knowledge to anything else even if I do complete the degree.

I have a first degree in Biomedical Sciences so this is my second career choice.

I really don't know what to do! I am turning 27 this year and I feel like I am running out of time to start a career!!!

Can anyway suggest other ways of using my qualifications or any advice on what it is actually like being a qualified radiographer??

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I qualified in 2015 so i've been working for about 18 months now, it's much better once you're actually working and trusted to do the job and also being paid! I had a bit of a wobble in 2nd year but glad i stuck with it and i honestly love my job now. You're so close to finishing i think you should carry on and see how you get once you're qualified. Is it a specific aspect you're not enjoying?

You're definitely not too old for a new career btw. I qualified at 28 and I know people in their 40s + qualifying for health careers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.