Turn on thread page Beta

SJWs boycott Michael Jackson film because a white man was cast... watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...or-to-play-him

What absolute tosh. The double standards with regard to this is unreal, when a black man is cast in a white role its diversity, when a white man is cast as a black guy that literally WAS white at this point it's "offensive and disrespectful".

I wouldn't mind, if he didn't have a skin condition that made his skin look white then I'd say it's a legitimate concern, just as the reverse is also unacceptable in my opinion (black men cast as white characters.)

""But it's absolutely inexcusable for a film to whitewash a movie based on an actual human being, whether his appearance was typical of what we expect a black man to look like or not."

Oh that's ok then, so when someone accuses me of having 'white privilege', can I tell them they're wrong because I identify as a black man?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.