The Student Room Group

Do as level results count?

I got a conditional offer which requires me to score an a in a level maths, I have got a b In as levels and I can manage an a in A levels, Though over all result will be a b. Do they could the complete result or just A levels}?
Original post by zayd rasool
I got a conditional offer which requires me to score an a in a level maths, I have got a b In as levels and I can manage an a in A levels, Though over all result will be a b. Do they could the complete result or just A levels}?

They want you to get An A grade in A level maths. The UMS from your AS are part of your final grade so you will need to get 480+ overall.

They will have seen your AS result in your UCAS application.

I hope this answers your question :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
They want you to get An A grade in A level maths. The UMS from your AS are part of your final grade so you will need to get 480+ overall.

They will have seen your AS result in your UCAS application.

I hope this answers your question :smile:

I did not mention my As level grades because it was not mandatory to do so however I will have to send my as level results along with a level results. It's a b in as and I can get an a in a levels. Although The average of the two will still remain a b. What will the universities do?
I did not mention my As level grades because it was not mandatory to do so however I will have to send my as level results along with a level results. It's a b in as and I can get an a in a levels. Although The average of the two will still remain a b. What will the universities do?

Did you apply through UCAS? If so, your AS grades should have been on the application unless your school is a Private school that does not cash-in AS levels.

Your A level grade includes the UMS from your AS - it is the A level grade they will look at and this needs to be a grade A.
Reply 4
Did you apply through UCAS? If so, your AS grades should have been on the application unless your school is a Private school that does not cash-in AS levels.

Your A level grade includes the UMS from your AS - it is the A level grade they will look at and this needs to be a grade A.

I applied using my predicated grades. How much percent do the as results count out of the total percentage?
I applied using my predicated grades. How much percent do the as results count out of the total percentage?

What UMS did you get and you can calculate how many you will need to get that overall grade A?

Could you please say whether you applied through UCAS and whether you are in a Private school?
Reply 6
What UMS did you get and you can calculate how many you will need to get that overall grade A?

Could you please say whether you applied through UCAS and whether you are in a Private school?

I did apply through ucas! And I scored 71% in as levels! I hope to score 85% in A levels! What does that make make my final score?
I did apply through ucas! And I scored 71% in as levels! I hope to score 85% in A levels! What does that make make my final score?

So you got 71 x 3 = 213 UMS?

You need 480+ to get a grade A so you need another 267 or more which is an average of 89 in your A2 modules.

85 x 3 = 255
255 + 213 = 468 which is an overall grade B

I don't know why your AS grade was not included in your application unless you are in a Private school that does not cash-in.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest