Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have one question and maybe someone will can help me. I finished my school two years ago.
    I am applying by individual and re-taking my final school exam in Poland. I had finished fill up my application and my references was delivered to ucas. However, the system sent me note that:
    "'your nominated referee has told us that they are unable to provide
    predicted grades to support your application. If you wish to supply predicted grades from somebody else, you will need to contact the universities to which you are applying to discuss this with them."

My referee is my private tutor from one of my subject and we working together to improve my potential score. However he said that can not predict my grades cause he is not a teacher from my high school.

In this way, that's ok or I should ask someone else to send my predicted grades to uni directly ? However at this moment, that could be impossible cause I do not have any contact with my high school teachers.

Thanks for help
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by avalon18)
    Hi, I have one question and maybe someone will can help me. I finished my school two years ago.
    I am applying by individual and re-taking my final school exam in Poland. I had finished fill up my application and my references was delivered to ucas. However, the system sent me note that:
    "'your nominated referee has told us that they are unable to provide
    predicted grades to support your application. If you wish to supply predicted grades from somebody else, you will need to contact the universities to which you are applying to discuss this with them."

My referee is my private tutor from one of my subject and we working together to improve my potential score. However he said that can not predict my grades cause he is not a teacher from my high school.

In this way, that's ok or I should ask someone else to send my predicted grades to uni directly ? However at this moment, that could be impossible cause I do not have any contact with my high school teachers.

Thanks for help
    Call or email your universities.

No predicted grades for non-UK qualifications is common. Universities know that applicants and their referees from outside the UK don't have the same support as UK applicants and will often accept applications without predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same issue as you had now. Did you end up with studying in your expected uni?

ReputationRep:
    My Tutor added PG, when the university send e-mail with request.

ReputationRep:
    What does PG meaning?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted Grades.

(Original post by avalon18)
    My Tutor added PG, when the university send e-mail with request.
    what grades did you get in which subjects with which exam boards? which course and uni you applying to? did you get any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, my local equivalent, dunno how it works.
    They asked me about that before any decision from uni and probably just added to my application visible for any choices
    So it makes that, like the PD would be added with my application.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.