Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 19, finished college last year with BB in health and social care and D in sociology A-levels. I'm filling out my UCAS application ready to send off this weekend and i'm stuck between asking my college tutor (from last year) for a reference or asking my old school tutor (from 3 years ago) for a reference. At school I had a good attendance score, attitude to learning and did fairly good at my GCSE's and I got on really well with my teachers and my tutor. At college I had really poor attendance in both years and didn't get any with my tutor, I asked my college teachers for a reference but they all said ask your tutor. I took a gap year after college in order to travel and get some experience at a job but i'm half way through it, still looking for a healthcare job now claiming benefits and haven't traveled but I'm now saving up to travel this summer, my college tutor didn't want me to take a year off which led to a bit of an argument, he also warned me against resisting my sociology as examand told me I would probably do worse, I went from a grade E to a C in my AS exams but still came out with a D over all.

    My question is though would it be better getting a reference from school where I did so much better but it was 3 years ago, or getting a reference from college from last year?

    College is more recent so go with them
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Given how close you are to the deadline, it will be whoever can do it in time. Ideally though it should be your most recent contact, I.e. College.

    I would get calling them today to check someone can actually do it for you.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 12, 2017

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.