Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Reserve List, 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I know that there's been a lot of posts about this last year, but just wondering if anyone attended the interviews for the tax department, Administration Officer at the end of 2016? I had my interview on 18th November. It went really well, and I received 6,6,7. On 9th December I got told I was on a reserve list because they are 'waiting for confirmation as to how many posts they are able to offer.' Does this mean that they've offered the job to some people, and aren't able to take on any more just yet, or that they haven't offered the job to anyone?
    I'm far too impatient for this!
    Jaz x

ReputationRep:
    They are very good scores, so I can only assume they interviewed people that scored 7-7-7 and have filled the initial quota of available jobs. You aced the interview though, so rather than say you were unsuccessful they are probably looking to see if they can offer more jobs, or you may be offered an alternative post.

The reserve list is usually held for a year and if any other posts come up they look at the reserve list and can offer you a job without the need for another interview. HMRC seem to be recruiting hard so it should *hopefully* just be a matter of time before you are offered something. It may not be the exact job you applied for but will be at the same salary/grade. It is my understanding you will only be offered a job once however from the reserve list so if you decline they will likely remove you from the reserve list, but don't quote me on that (you'd have to check with the job holder)

I am very surprised you were not offered a job outright with them scores mind - how many posts were advertised initially?

ReputationRep:
    Hi ToonLegend,

Thanks for your response, it's really appreciated!
    Yeah I felt really good after the interview to be honest, one of the best I've had, so it was a bit disappointing to get that email! But we'll see.

I think I might get in touch with the recruitment team and see if they have an update or anything and to see what that email actually meant!

I'm just super impatient, I think! They had originally said 150, but said that they may change. Maybe everyone just happened to get 7,7,7 haha!

ReputationRep:
    No problem, just seen your post unanswered and wanted to offer some hope I guess. Them scores are great, they really are so take a lot from that.

150 posts?! Crikey. I smell a job offer coming soon, hope I am right. I'd find it unlikely they have 150 people who all scored 7-7-7 - could happen but I'd be very surprised.

Good luck with it, no harm in contacting the recruitment team, if anything it shows you are keen and willing. Wishing you all the best

ReputationRep:
    If this is for customer consultant with HMRC benefits and credits then I wouldn't worry too much. I know someone who scored 7-7-7 and got the same email!

ReputationRep:
    Oh really?! That's reassuring to hear - thanks Rebecca 😊

ReputationRep:
    Was this for the recruitment in preston? I got the same email and in the interview they said roles were being allocated in January. Really don't think they would've had time to take people on before Christmas plus those are great scores. I am sat by my email inbox refreshing it every 5mins. Fingers crossed we will all find out soon

ReputationRep:
    Hi Peter,
    No, this was for Customer Service Consultant in Liverpool. Yeah that's what I got told, that they were allocating jobs in January.

I know the feeling! I'm constantly going onto my account on their website and my emails to check! I just wish the process was quicker. Yeah I'll keep my fingers crossed that we all hear back soon. Let me know if you hear anything! 😊

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

Hope you hear soon. Over half way through January. Let me know of any news! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Rebecca! 😊 I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything! x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah will let you know when I hear anything. Still waiting. This process takes way too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz-elizabeth)
    Hi!
    I know that there's been a lot of posts about this last year, but just wondering if anyone attended the interviews for the tax department, Administration Officer at the end of 2016? I had my interview on 18th November. It went really well, and I received 6,6,7. On 9th December I got told I was on a reserve list because they are 'waiting for confirmation as to how many posts they are able to offer.' Does this mean that they've offered the job to some people, and aren't able to take on any more just yet, or that they haven't offered the job to anyone?
    I'm far too impatient for this!
    Jaz x
    Were would you see your score

ReputationRep:
    Hi Peter,
    No, this was for Customer Service Consultant in Liverpool. Yeah that's what I got told, that they were allocating jobs in January.

I know the feeling! I'm constantly going onto my account on their website and my emails to check! I just wish the process was quicker. Yeah I'll keep my fingers crossed that we all hear back soon. Let me know if you hear anything! 😊
    what account I applied through manpower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie0122)
    Were would you see your score

Hi! You can see your score by logging into civil service jobs, going on applications, click on the job, and then on feedback - your scores should be there

ReputationRep:
    So, currently having pre-employment checks done - surely that's a good sign, right? 🤔

ReputationRep:
    So, currently having pre-employment checks done - surely that's a good sign, right? 🤔
    hi, what city did you apply 4? when did you apply? when did you hear backwhen did they start your checks? what checks do they do? did they say anymore on how long the process takes? sorry for all the questions I'm just getting so impatient I applied back in December had my interview on 2nd of jan

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I think my friend is too; he got an email to pick shifts and then had to produce additional documents the other week.

When did you get your provisional offer and when did your portal change to pre employment checks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackie0122)
    hi, what city did you apply 4? when did you apply? when did you hear backwhen did they start your checks? what checks do they do? did they say anymore on how long the process takes? sorry for all the questions I'm just getting so impatient I applied back in December had my interview on 2nd of jan
    Hi, I applied for Liverpool back in September. I attended my interview at the end of November, and was told that I'd hear back by the end of January. I got an email a few days ago saying that they're just starting to do pre employment checks to make provisional offers. It's such a long process 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Nice. I think my friend is too; he got an email to pick shifts and then had to produce additional documents the other week.

When did you get your provisional offer and when did your portal change to pre employment checks
    Oh awesome! 😊 Yeah, that's the same as me. I sent the documents to them on Friday though, so a little later than your friend! It still hasn't changed on the portal, which is so confusing. I got the email about shifts on like the 20th January.
    I just hope there's an update soon!

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome! 😊 Yeah, that's the same as me. I sent the documents to them on Friday though, so a little later than your friend! It still hasn't changed on the portal, which is so confusing. I got the email about shifts on like the 20th January.
    I just hope there's an update soon!
    Well his might of actually been Friday, I just know he went down and they just told him to keep checking his emails. Yes it's so strange that they haven't like updated anything on the portal!
    You'll probably be in the same starting date batch! I shall let you know when he passes them &a good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.