Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Birmingham City University UK (BCU) Business Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys !
    I'm thinking about applying to BCU, but I see it has kinda low rankings. I'm thinking about applying at the business course with professional practice and I'm really confused in what to do because I love that course as it covers more parts of business and I can'tell really find it in another university. What do you know about BCU business school ? Anyone who studies there ? Also I don't know if I should apply to business and management or stick to the business with professional practice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

My name is Averil and I am a final year Business and Management student at BCU. Firstly, I think both degrees are really good solid degrees. If you are concerned with getting professional experience whilst you are at uni, you might want to consider having a placement year. Or opting for summer internships between your first and second year and/or second and third year.

At BCU, we have a placement/internship office as well as a careers centre. All of which has really benefitted me this year, they're really helpful. At BCU, a majority of our faculty have real world business knowledge from working outside of academia. This has been so beneficial to me because Ive been able to learn more about how to put theory into practice and make better links to the real world.

Also on Business and Management, our classes are very much seminar based. Meaning you get to make better connections with those on your course and your lecturers. I have loved coming to BCU and aside from the great course, we have brand new facilities at our city centre campus where you would be based. It has really added to the university experience.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! I wish you good luck with the rest of your university applications!

Averil

ReputationRep:
    Im a shy person and lack in confidence, Will i be at a disadvantaged if im in the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy212)
    Im a shy person and lack in confidence, Will i be at a disadvantaged if im in the course.
    Hey Amy,

You won't be at a disadvantage if you're quiet but university might be challenging, but in a good way!

I was a lot shyer before coming to uni but the whole experience helped me so much! You'll meet loads of new people and learn new things. If you study business you'll have seminars, lectures, team projects and have to give the odd presentation now and again, but this will really help with your confidence.

The important thing is not to worry about it, everybody is in the same boat and no matter how confident other people might seem they're totally new to it too, but if you do feel you need extra help with anything we have student success advisers here for you to talk to about anything and to help you settle in in your first year.

Have you applied for a business course yet?

Lydia

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.