Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place for the four year fashion media and promotion course and I had my interview yesterday. I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from the Uni?
    Also to the student who already go to this uni, what is the best accommodation place for year 0 and first years?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm currently in Year 0 on the Fashion Media and Promotion course at UCA and might i just add that year 0 is so beneficial as its sets you up right with so much knowledge prepared for year 1. As for halls (which i am also currently living in), it really is an amazing experience as you live with different people which is a good way for you to set up links with students from another course which could potentially help you with a project.

Personally, I do find the accomodation at UCA to be a little expensive, considering there isnt a lounge area unlike some uni accomodations, so the only two rooms you have is your room and the kitchen to hang out, but other than that, halls is definitely worth it.

Feel free to ask me more questions about halls or the course!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!I'm also going to study Fashion Media and Promotion year 0 this september. I was wondering if you could elaborate some more on what exactly do you do/practice in this first year of the program? I am very curious about what will I be expected to face or maybe even what practical skills should I have to be fully prepared for the program? Also, could someone from that program reccommend me some readings for the course? Maybe something they will expect me to read or a book that is just useful? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    In regards to a reading list, we weren't really recommended any books to read unlike the fashion design course. Fashion Media and Promotion year 0 is great because most of us are on the same page in regards to photography or even your knowledge on the fashion world, so all of your knowldege and technicle skills will be built up over the year in order for you to feel confident for year 1. Over the course of year 0 we had 4 assignments. The first was 'an introduction to the fashion industry' second: 'intro to visual communication', third: 'intro to written communication' and the last was 'intro to promothion communication'. All of these assignments required a research book and something else that had to be created, for example in the visual unit we had to create our research book as well as take 18 images: 3 images for 6 different themes. During year 0 we did use cameras in the photography studio but if you don't know how to use the camera, all you need to know is taught to you. We were also taught on how to use Photoshop, InDesign so if you don't know how to use these programms, it would be good for you to familiarise yourself with them even though we do get a few lessons on them.

If there are anymore questions just feel free to ask.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.