The Student Room Group

Who could help me with this riddle please?

Hi all,

Doing a riddle quiz for a competition and was stuck on this final riddle; who can help please?

"A man who doesnt know how to swim was on a yacht alone. He was not wearing anything to keep him afloat. He fell off a yacht into deep water and the man was rescued two hours later. Why didn't the man drown?"

Thanks in advance!

Kyle
He got back onto the yatch, clung to part of it?
he was wearing a diving bell suit
Reply 3
Original post by kg00105
Hi all,

Doing a riddle quiz for a competition and was stuck on this final riddle; who can help please?

"A man who doesnt know how to swim was on a yacht alone. He was not wearing anything to keep him afloat. He fell off a yacht into deep water and the man was rescued two hours later. Why didn't the man drown?"

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

Dead sea? I think the trick is whats meant by 'deep water'. It didnt say ocean or sea so could mean anything. Maybe he fell into a swimming pool on the yacht and climbed up the ladder?
He's a deformed aquaman.
Reply 5
Several possibilities I think.

1. There was a floatation device in the water he could grab onto
2. He had something that would prevent him from drowning, but not keep him afloat (e.g. an oxygen tank)
3. He had a means to get back in the yacht other than a floatation device (e.g. a rope tied to the boat)
4. The "deep water" had a means of escape (e.g. a lagoon/lake where the bank is climbable, or an artificial reservoir with a ladder) - though this doesn't explain why he needed to be rescued.
Reply 6
He fell of "a yacht". It doesn't say he fell of that particular yacht. Mabye he fell of a yacht a year later and has since had time to learn to swim so hence he didnt drown when he fell of a yacht.
He was dead when he fell in
Dead sea -the water is salty you can float easily? :dontknow:
He was saved by a whale:wink:

Quick Reply