The Student Room Group

TFL Fare Evasion

So basically, I lost my oyster at my sixthform just today and I had to desperately go home because I left a file that was needed for my classes. I quickly borrowed my sister's 16 Free Travel oyster and I ended up being caught by Transport police or something. They asked for my details and said they'll be sending me a letter for a fine.

So my question is, will this result in a criminal conviction? Will I have to go to court?
This isn't so convenient considering how I have to apply to university in a few months.

(Also, I'm 17.)
Original post by middleagedpotato
So basically, I lost my oyster at my sixthform just today and I had to desperately go home because I left a file that was needed for my classes. I quickly borrowed my sister's 16 Free Travel oyster and I ended up being caught by Transport police or something. They asked for my details and said they'll be sending me a letter for a fine.

So my question is, will this result in a criminal conviction? Will I have to go to court?
This isn't so convenient considering how I have to apply to university in a few months.

(Also, I'm 17.)

You'll just a fine. Pay it, and you'll be okay
Reply 2
Original post by middleagedpotato

(Also, I'm 17.)

Any updates on this situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending