The Student Room Group

Southampton or Lancaster?

I've received my offers from University of Southampton; Business Philosophy, University of Manchester; Business Economics and University of Lancaster; PPE. I can't stand Manchester, hate the city. I've visited Southampton however, and the city resonated with me. As for Lancaster, I haven't yet had the chance to visit. It is really difficult for me to choose between the two. I was also wondering whether Southampton being part of the Russell Group and Lancaster not being part of the Russell Group, are important factors that I should take into account.
Also, the overall ranking of Lancaster was higher than both Manchester and Southampton, despite it not being part of the Russell, which I found very confusing.
The pay avg. salary for PPE at Lancaster after graduation was the lowest between the subjects of my choosing, but the course is really appealing to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Go with Southampton.
You don't like Manchester, so that's out already.
You like Southampton, you have an offer, it's a RG university (not that I think it matters). Go for it.
You've not been to Lancaster so it's a risky option.

If you're going to be in student accommodation, you want to be in a place you like as you'll be there for 3+ years.

Go with Southampton!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending