Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

predicted grades and uni entry requirements Watch

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades being uploaded to my UCAS application are lower than Adult Nursing entry requirements and my tutor has told me I am not likely to get any offers or interviews because of this. What would happen if at the end of the year I exceeded my predicted grades and got what I needed, would I have completely lost my chance at a place on the course regardless? Would any universities still bring me for an interview based on my personal statement and possibly give me a conditional offer?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersonalex619)
    My predicted grades being uploaded to my UCAS application are lower than Adult Nursing entry requirements and my tutor has told me I am not likely to get any offers or interviews because of this. What would happen if at the end of the year I exceeded my predicted grades and got what I needed, would I have completely lost my chance at a place on the course regardless? Would any universities still bring me for an interview based on my personal statement and possibly give me a conditional offer?

Thanks
    Not all universities will shortlist based on predicted grades - contact your choices to ask them if they're likely to consider you (explain that you're hoping to exceed your predictions).

If you don't get any offers (unlikely to be down to predicted grades tbh - nursing admission is based on much more than academic predictions) - then you might be able to apply elsewhere through Extra (there were some nursing degrees in extra last year) or Clearing (again there were a handful of places available). Otherwise you'd need to take a gap year (maybe working as a HCA) and reapply once you have your grades in hand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.