Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men, do you find dating advice from women helpful? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do/did you ever find taking dating advice from women helpful?
    Yes
    20.00%
    No
    53.33%
    Sometimes
    13.33%
    Yes, more useful than from other men
    13.33%

ReputationRep:
    Be honest, if you don't wanna read the whole thread or post something, at least answer the poll please

ReputationRep:
    no lmao, women have zero experience in getting with straight women
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've found that they've given me better advice than guys have so yes.

However, when a girl I like is giving me dating advice on how to get another girl, then that's an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls don't even know what they want themselves, really :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Women give better relationship advice. Since you can see arguments from their perspective and why they get pissy about certain things.

But men give better dating advice.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Most girls don't even know what they want themselves, really :lol:
    pretty much this.

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered whether I'm better off ignoring dating advice from women or doing the opposite to get better results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenni12)
    I've always wondered whether I'm better of ignoring dating advice from women or doing the opposite to get better results
    tbh just looked at another thread where some girls were giving advice to another girl. I think it just goes both ways. If you think of yourself you can't really 100% pin point what you're attracted to or why you end up falling for someone. But then you'l have some girls that are just really good at pulling and they'd probably pull you too lol. So those are the girls you'd want to get advice from (if you're a girl yourself).

Same applies to men. I've found girls just give crap advice and a lot of the time my female friends are loling at the stuff i do/say to other girls but then it actually works for me so shows they don't know what they're on about haha. And I have a male friend whos quite a bit older than me, pretty good with women, and he always gives solid advice that works and is straight to the point. Which is usually completely different to advice I'd get from girls.

ReputationRep:
    OK, more answers for the poll guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    tbh just looked at another thread where some girls were giving advice to another girl. I think it just goes both ways. If you think of yourself you can't really 100% pin point what you're attracted to or why you end up falling for someone. But then you'l have some girls that are just really good at pulling and they'd probably pull you too lol. So those are the girls you'd want to get advice from (if you're a girl yourself).

Same applies to men. I've found girls just give crap advice and a lot of the time my female friends are loling at the stuff i do/say to other girls but then it actually works for me so shows they don't know what they're on about haha. And I have a male friend whos quite a bit older than me, pretty good with women, and he always gives solid advice that works and is straight to the point. Which is usually completely different to advice I'd get from girls.
    Help a brother out with the solid advice : D

ReputationRep:
    No, never take dating advise from women,(incoming sexist comment), majority doesn't know what they want most of the time, but always in ur favour to bring some potential excitement into their lives...or at least make it seem that way.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.