Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbastelle)
    That's bizarre, I haven't heard of any colleges making the applicants pay for the postage of their offer/rejection letters
    Thank you
    Why did they forget about you?
    Honestly Idk, it sure as hell felt like they did.
    I hadn't gotten my letter till 5 days late, plus I had to collect it from the post office myself. Do you think i should write a formal complaint. (or head straight to the BBC and offer them a story haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolex8234)
    Honestly Idk, it sure as hell felt like they did.
    I hadn't gotten my letter till 5 days late, plus I had to collect it from the post office myself. Do you think i should write a formal complaint. (or head straight to the BBC and offer them a story haha)
    I don't know what to advise, but I doubt a complaint would be worth it. I wonder if anyone else applied to Keble (or elsewhere in the University) and had a similar experience?

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with the process being insensitive and, by today's standards, slightly outdated.
    Received my rejection letter today (16th Jan) after having to pay the postage fees myself. I guess the college didn't care enough too...

This has really put me off the university
    Sorry to hear about the rejection and all the trouble you've gone through.

ReputationRep:
    The college I applied to (KEBLE) didnt pay for the postage.....

Ended up having to pay them. It's ridiculous and humiliating. You'd think they'd have more respect and care for the students that invest hours in to applications for their university.
    :ashamed:
    Congrats on your offer btw
    I don't know what to advise, but I doubt a complaint would be worth it. I wonder if anyone else applied to Keble (or elsewhere in the University) and had a similar experience?
    My Keble rejection letter was just standard postage, no fees needed paying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    My Keble rejection letter was just standard postage, no fees needed paying.
    Thanks for replying
    How were your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Notification for anyone else who's requesting feedback - Merton just sent me an acknowledgement email about my feedback request which says I should get it 'within fifteen working days'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Notification for anyone else who's requesting feedback - Merton just sent me an acknowledgement email about my feedback request which says I should get it 'within fifteen working days'.
    That's better than what I got! 'We regret that the college is unable to provide individual feedback' (I've requested an FOI for a general statistical thing but nothing yet). I emailed the one I interviewed at but not expecting anything tbh. Luckily I know where I messed up (not hard to see with AABB at AS and one B at GCSE, more enthusiasm less introversion, more ability to tackle new material...). But still, a bit disappointing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    That's better than what I got! 'We regret that the college is unable to provide individual feedback' (I've requested an FOI for a general statistical thing but nothing yet). I emailed the one I interviewed at but not expecting anything tbh. Luckily I know where I messed up (not hard to see with AABB at AS and one B at GCSE, more enthusiasm less introversion, more ability to tackle new material...). But still, a bit disappointing tbh.
    Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Which college?
    somerville

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Christ Church about my MLAT score and they said that they were sending out feedback for all subjects in January and February, so if I haven't received it by the end of February I'm free to email them again.

ReputationRep:
    Magdalen anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creusa)
    Magdalen anyone?
    Meeee

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying
    How were your interviews?
    First one: not so great, second one: much better, but it clearly wasn't enough to get in. Keble apparently automatically sends feedback which I should receive in the next few weeks (according to my letter). I did publish a more complete explanation in my GYG blog, which you have read xD I guess with all the things that have been happening it's easy to forget stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed a specific tutor, rather than the admissions for the college as a whole - was this a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how feedback works in Corpus Christi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qeyoo)
    I emailed a specific tutor, rather than the admissions for the college as a whole - was this a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I think you need to email the tutor for admissions regardless of what college you applied to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IreneG)
    Does anyone know how feedback works in Corpus Christi?
    I emailed the maths tutor (that was present during interviews) and asked, but haven't got anything back yet, hence my previous post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felecita)
    Out of curiosity, are there any offer holders requesting feedback? I'm not sure whether I should or not.
    I was thinking about it but I decided not to because - idk - it might seem a bit strange. I'm just glad it turned out well.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, are there any offer holders requesting feedback? I'm not sure whether I should or not.
    I don't know about other colleges but I asked Wadham and they don't give feedback to offer holders.

ReputationRep:
    That slight chance that they made a mistake and discover it when compiling your feedback....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.