Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Lauren1498x)
    yeah i've heard that happens occasionally. I just want to find out why if so I can work on it if i re apply. i deleted my rejection email so i'm tempted just to email them being like remember me lol and hoping some weird twist of fate leads them to change their minds getting the track update was killer
    :rofl: same here tbh, just curious but my college seems to only want my referee to get it so I'll have to wait a bit I think.

I wish that as well , the track update was a rejection for the third time for me hahaha so was kinda numb

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    :rofl: same here tbh, just curious but my college seems to only want my referee to get it so I'll have to wait a bit I think.

I wish that as well , the track update was a rejection for the third time for me hahaha so was kinda numb

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i'm writing this email and I just feel I'm being rude and I don't mean to! You have St Andrews though right?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

i'm writing this email and I just feel I'm being rude and I don't mean to! You have St Andrews though right?
    :rofl: I'm sure it's ok tbh I was tempted to send them an email back saying thank you and I hope to prove you all wrong some day but I decided not to xD

Yeah I do so that loosened the blow a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalikumar)
    One of my friend requested for feed back after his rejection and the college came back and said to him his decision is now under consideration. The college made some mistake and he will hear back before 31st.
    Conversely, is some poor person about to have their offer withdrawn?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by MJ6987)
    I hope they won't do that! I think they'll over offer in these circumstances, but not sure :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ6987)
    i don't think they can do that. Some people could miss offers/choose not to go so it could even out. However, if it does end up they have more anticipated for that course it's their own fault for messing up admin in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not gotten their track updated? I've gotten an offer but it hasn't shown up on track yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felecita)
    Is the FB offer holders group very active? For some reason my request to join hasn't been approved... not that is has been rejected or anything, it's just been a week or so since I requested to join and I can see the membership count has gone up

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't go to Oxford :dontknow:
    Same! I've joined one of the groups that's had quite a bit of activity and 1k+ members (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1806349706278661/) but the other one with more members hasn't added me either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k0g)
    Has anyone not gotten their track updated? I've gotten an offer but it hasn't shown up on track yet.
    Mine was only updated Thursday evening, so perhaps yours will be done early next week?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for replying, do you know how he requested the feedback? wondering if i should just reply to the rejection email. what college and subject was your friend?
    He applied for Physics. I do not know the college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k0g)
    Same. Nothing through on track yet. Did you get an offer from a different college than the one you applied to?

edit: The offer on UCAS has now come through 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jweath)
    Same. Nothing through on track yet. Did you get an offer from a different college than the one you applied to?

edit: The offer on UCAS has now come through 😄
    same for me!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am new to this site, and discussion. My name is Ashley and I applied to the Mst. Creative Writing program for the January 20th deadline. I was wondering how long it typically takes to be offered an interview, if you are going to be. Should I stop holding my breath if I haven't heard anything by now? :-/
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by admartin0616)
    Hello! I am new to this site, and discussion. My name is Ashley and I applied to the Mst. Creative Writing program for the January 20th deadline. I was wondering how long it typically takes to be offered an interview, if you are going to be. Should I stop holding my breath if I haven't heard anything by now? :-/
    Hi Ashley

This thread is usually for undergraduates, I think there is a postgraduate thread somewhere on this site.

Good luck with your application *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, Thank you! I'll try to find it.

Hi Ashley

This thread is usually for undergraduates, I think there is a postgraduate thread somewhere on this site.

Good luck with your application *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by admartin0616)
    Ahh, Thank you! I'll try to find it.
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Stupid question- but is there any way Oxford could withdraw their offer?
    Like what if you apply for a scholarship and in case you don't get it, you still hold your offer right?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by blehxxx)
    Hey!
    Stupid question- but is there any way Oxford could withdraw their offer?
    Like what if you apply for a scholarship and in case you don't get it, you still hold your offer right?
    You still hold your offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You still hold your offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so dead compared to the other place's! Oh the shame

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.