• Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by drriversong)
    This thread is so dead compared to the other place's! Oh the shame
    guilty!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Duh-di-diddly-diddly, duh-di-diddly-diddly, dum, dum-dum-dum!

(I felt the need.)

ReputationRep:
    (2 days later....)
    We need to liven it up!! How are you guys doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    (2 days later....)
    We need to liven it up!! How are you guys doing?
    Got my feedback yesterday. Did surprisingly poorly on one part of the CAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fablereader)
    Got my feedback yesterday. Did surprisingly poorly on one part of the CAT.
    Oh
    What are your plans now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    Oh
    What are your plans now?
    Still waiting for the other decisions before I make any real plans ... apart from that, brush up on my Latin vocabulary, especially of the sort used in poetry (that's probably what killed me).

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for the other decisions before I make any real plans ... apart from that, brush up on my Latin vocabulary, especially of the sort used in poetry (that's probably what killed me).
    What other unis did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    What other unis did you apply to?
    I've got offers from Durham and Trinity St. David, and waiting for UCL and St. Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from Durham and Trinity St. David, and waiting for UCL and St. Andrews.
    Well then you have a good backup!
    I'm waiting too, but I don't think I'll go to the UK unless it's for Oxford..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    Well then you have a good backup!
    I'm waiting too, but I don't think I'll go to the UK unless it's for Oxford..
    Indeed. Well, Oxford is great, but don't dismiss the rest without consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. Well, Oxford is great, but don't dismiss the rest without consideration.
    Yeah I know that makes it difficult I'll see how the swedish admissions turn out, but we don't get results until July/August..

ReputationRep:
    Did you deliberately set out to have the biggest possible contrast between your options, fablereader? You must win some sort of prize for applying to both UCL and Trinity St David!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    Yeah I know that makes it difficult I'll see how the swedish admissions turn out, but we don't get results until July/August..
    Ah. I hope it all turns out well for you!

(Original post by OxFossil)
    Did you deliberately set out to have the biggest possible contrast between your options, fablereader? You must win some sort of prize for applying to both UCL and Trinity St David!
    Not necessarily, no. :laugh: To be honest, I was really going for Oxford, and I added in TSD early on almost as a small confidence-booster, and didn't really think too much about other options until Oxford rejected me.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, no. :laugh: To be honest, I was really going for Oxford, and I added in TSD early on almost as a small confidence-booster, and didn't really think too much about other options until Oxford rejected me.
    Well, speaking as a Welshman, you won't find me disrespecting TSD. Plus, I see they have just posted a report of a Humanities "field trip" to the Ashmolean....!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFossil)
    Well, speaking as a Welshman, you won't find me disrespecting TSD. Plus, I see they have just posted a report of a Humanities "field trip" to the Ashmolean....!
    So I've heard. Going to read it sometime as a relaxant/Oxford nostalgia creator.

ReputationRep:
    Ah. I hope it all turns out well for you!

I just got accepted to UCL. Wow, now deciding will be difficult...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saes)
    Congrats for the offer! Did you get one of those annoying, ambiguously titled emails about the department beforehand as well?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats for the offer! Did you get one of those annoying, ambiguously titled emails about the department beforehand as well?
    Thank you!! No, I've only gotten it through Track so I'm yet to hear from them directly. It feels so weird, I was sure I was going to be rejected. Not sure if I'll end up going though, free tutition in Sweden might be a better choice (especially with brexit..). However, it was surely a confidence boost to get accepted! And now I have a great opportunity at least but oh how difficult it will be to decide, ughhhh
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by saes)
    Congrats man, maybe I'll see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Congrats man, maybe I'll see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!!! Yeah, maybe! I have so many different options now it makes me dizzy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.