Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hope everyone gets in :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my insurance; Oxford hasn't updated 😁 But very grateful

ReputationRep:
    Oxford confirmed on UCAS!!! Just collecting my grades now but a feeling of utter, empty relief. Hoping elation will set in later.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by SonOfAGeek)
    Oxford confirmed on UCAS!!! Just collecting my grades now but a feeling of utter, empty relief. Hoping elation will set in later.
    Congrats :woo: yayyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    BrasenoseAdm LMH OXFORD gavinlowe

Just thinking about the somewhat sensationalist newspaper headlines at the weekend about impending "results day chaos".... from the A-level results you have seen so far does it look like the % of missed offers is higher than normal?
    For Computer Science, the proportion of missed A level offers was lower than normal. This is based on a fairly small sample, though.

Gavin

ReputationRep:
    Got the grades from the school, and Oxford confirmed on UCAS. And just like someone else said, I genuinely only feel relief for now, that's how bad the whole waiting process was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConfusedBadger)
    Got the grades from the school, and Oxford confirmed on UCAS. And just like someone else said, I genuinely only feel relief for now, that's how bad the whole waiting process was.
    That was me. Just a strange feeling. Relief. Fatigue/drained. I'm hoping the elation kicks in later but for now just slightly in shock I think. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I got in! Same as everyone else, just relief really, and looking forward to getting to work and starting there in October. Good luck to everyone still waiting :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbastelle)
    I got in! Same as everyone else, just relief really, and looking forward to getting to work and starting there in October. Good luck to everyone still waiting :heart:

Fantastic! Really pleased. Roll on October.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by readingblack)
    I didn't get in. My friends are calling their universities up, is it possible to do the same with Oxford?

btw I don't know what grades I got, just checked ucas
    Only just seen this. Hope you rang up the college that made you an offer, and that you may have got lucky :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Only just seen this. Hope you rang up the college that made you an offer, and that you may have got lucky :yes:
    heres the situation: I got AAB - B in history (a*,a*,a and d for my modules). Im a mark off an A so my teacher and I requested a remark for two of my history papers. I only need one mark to meet Oxford's offer (AAA). I called up the college and they told me if the remark bumps up my grade to an A, they would be obliged to take me in.
    But I've heard that examiners who remark won't be giving out marks just for too generously anymore.
    Is it likely that I will get the A.
    I'll get notified of my new grade tomorrow.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by readingblack)
    heres the situation: I got AAB - B in history (a*,a*,a and d for my modules). Im a mark off an A so my teacher and I requested a remark for two of my history papers. I only need one mark to meet Oxford's offer (AAA). I called up the college and they told me if the remark bumps up my grade to an A, they would be obliged to take me in.
    But I've heard that examiners who remark won't be giving out marks just for too generously anymore.
    Is it likely that I will get the A.
    I'll get notified of my new grade tomorrow.
    I'm afraid I've no idea whether it's likely you'll get the A or not - I'm not an examiner and it's 10 years since I did A2, and a lot has changed in that time. Crossing my fingers for you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else here with an SPC offer? Have you heard anything from the college? I haven't had a confirmation letter or a reading list or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Met my offer, drained as all hell, ready to slog my way through the paperwork and get re-energised for October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CivilAsAnOrange)
    Is there anyone else here with an SPC offer? Have you heard anything from the college? I haven't had a confirmation letter or a reading list or anything.
    I think that's fairly normal, I'll be studying Physics at St Edmund Hall and haven't been e-mailed yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felecita)
    Just dropping by to say a huge good luck to anyone waiting for A Level results tomorrow! I hope everything turns out fantastically for you all and that I'll be seeing you in October!

If things don't go as planned though, please don't lose hope. I missed my Cambridge offer last year and was distraught initially. I didn't go through clearing despite everyone around me telling me I should. Instead, I had the most amazing year. I worked, got some great experience to add to my CV, I met my best friend and will be travelling with her soon. Cambridge didn't want me last year but I'm currently holding an unconditional offer for Oxford (the better uni anyway, right?)

None of this would have happened if I'd gone to uni last year. Sometimes things fall into place even if they don't seem so great at first.
    Congratulations on your place!

My friend has attained A*AA at A Level and is considering a post A Level application for Human Sciences. Although their grades exceed the standard offer, they think A*AA may not be competitive enough for Oxford. Human Sciences has the TSA as part of the application process. They attended a state comprehensive for GCSE and did well, but were at a grammar for A Level. I wondered if any of your experiences might help inform them.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Coolibah)
    Congratulations on your place!

My friend has attained A*AA at A Level and is considering a post A Level application for Human Sciences. Although their grades exceed the standard offer, they think A*AA may not be competitive enough for Oxford. Human Sciences has the TSA as part of the application process. They attended a state comprehensive for GCSE and did well, but were at a grammar for A Level. I wondered if any of your experiences might help inform them.
    The standard offer for Human Sciences is AAA (Maths and/or Biology are an advantage but not a requirement).

We can't see why your friend would not be considered with these grades. In passing, the perception that others are better qualified is - according to UCAS - one of the most significant perception barriers to students accessing Russell Group universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hi BrasenoseAdm,Thanks for this - I'll pass it on to my friend. They studied Maths, Biology and Geography - with the A* in Biology.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    My college just sent me few maths and physics problems I need to solve before I start my course.
    I'm an international student so I don't know how things work in UK so I just wanted if we're supposed to solve it on our laptops or on paper.
    Also, can someone tell me, in general, if most of our course work is done through the medium of paper or digitally on laptops.
    Thank you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.