Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blehxxx)
    Hey guys!
    My college just sent me few maths and physics problems I need to solve before I start my course.
    I'm an international student so I don't know how things work in UK so I just wanted if we're supposed to solve it on our laptops or on paper.
    Also, can someone tell me, in general, if most of our course work is done through the medium of paper or digitally on laptops.
    Thank you.
    Which college are you in? i still haven't received any problems or a summer reading list.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    My college just sent me few maths and physics problems I need to solve before I start my course.
    I'm an international student so I don't know how things work in UK so I just wanted if we're supposed to solve it on our laptops or on paper.
    Also, can someone tell me, in general, if most of our course work is done through the medium of paper or digitally on laptops.
    Thank you.
    My math problems are to be returned by post or email, so I'm doing them on paper.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Coolibah)
    Congratulations on your place!

My friend has attained A*AA at A Level and is considering a post A Level application for Human Sciences. Although their grades exceed the standard offer, they think A*AA may not be competitive enough for Oxford. Human Sciences has the TSA as part of the application process. They attended a state comprehensive for GCSE and did well, but were at a grammar for A Level. I wondered if any of your experiences might help inform them.
    A*AA is fine, I got an interview for Human Sciences with AAA equivalent- I did the IB (although I didn't get in eventually, the applicant feedback said my scores where competitive)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    A*AA is fine, I got an interview for Human Sciences with AAA equivalent- I did the IB (although I didn't get in eventually, the applicant feedback said my scores where competitive)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I'll pass this on. Where are you going?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Thanks! I'll pass this on. Where are you going?
    University of St Andrews
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    University of St Andrews
    I'm glad you got into St Andrews after all!! :hugs: My friend had a great time there, I'm sure you will enjoy it also
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by auburnstar)
    I'm glad you got into St Andrews after all!! :hugs: My friend had a great time there, I'm sure you will enjoy it also
    :hugs: Thank you I hope I'll have a great time there too

ReputationRep:
    Well done on everyone who got the grades!

I'm going into second year at Trinity and first year was one of the most exciting years of my life

ReputationRep:
    University of St Andrews
    That's brilliant!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

That's brilliant!
    Thanks man, say good luck to your friend for me

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Thank you.
    Are you a physics student? If so (or any non-essay subject), virtually all of your work - bar a few lab reports and some computing - will be done on paper, and the majority of tutors expect physical copies handed in.

ReputationRep:
    Guys this is very important... do they put on musicals at Oxford ?? And how easily can I get involved and what about the Oxford girl accapella group is there a possible way for me to join?? I got in to Worcester if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immy honey)
    Guys this is very important... do they put on musicals at Oxford ?? And how easily can I get involved and what about the Oxford girl accapella group is there a possible way for me to join?? I got in to Worcester if that helps
    They do put on musicals and some of my friends at Worcester have been involved with them, although how is best to get involved I do not know. Also some current worcester students are in the Oxford Belles so you can speak to them when you arrive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MexicanKeith)
    They do put on musicals and some of my friends at Worcester have been involved with them, although how is best to get involved I do not know. Also some current worcester students are in the Oxford Belles so you can speak to them when you arrive
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm super excited I honestly can't wait.
    Thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm super excited I honestly can't wait.
    Thanks 😊
    What subject will you be studying?

EDIT: Also, check out this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0...XD0FjXN1CzsUBA
    Kathy was in my year at Worcester and just graduated, she's now going on to theatre school (at the royal academy of music I believe). Some of her videos are about her time in musicals at Oxford, particularly, Anything goes. she was also in various other musicals in her time at Oxford (eg singing in the rain).

So, Worcester has been well represented in musical theatre recently

ReputationRep:
    What subject will you be studying?

EDIT: Also, check out this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0...XD0FjXN1CzsUBA
    Kathy was in my year at Worcester and just graduated, she's now going on to theatre school (at the royal academy of music I believe). Some of her videos are about her time in musicals at Oxford, particularly, Anything goes. she was also in various other musicals in her time at Oxford (eg singing in the rain).

So, Worcester has been well represented in musical theatre recently
    Oh my gosh that's exactly my plan, I want to go to the royal academy after Oxford !!! Thanks for the link I will watch it avidly. I am coming to study biology, so not very music centred so I plan to get involved in the extra music heavily.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh that's exactly my plan, I want to go to the royal academy after Oxford !!! Thanks for the link I will watch it avidly. I am coming to study biology, so not very music centred so I plan to get involved in the extra music heavily.
    Certainly doable!

ReputationRep:
    Certainly doable!
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    time to call the resident Worcester music expert The_Lonely_Goatherd

in every leaflet I've seen, musical extracurricular activities have always been mentioned as having a strong presence - if that counts for anything. xD There are so many societies (including some weird ones), I'd be surprised if musical theatre was not one of the most successful and popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    time to call the resident Worcester music expert The_Lonely_Goatherd

in every leaflet I've seen, musical extracurricular activities have always been mentioned as having a strong presence - if that counts for anything. xD There are so many societies (including some weird ones), I'd be surprised if musical theatre was not one of the most successful and popular.
    Thank you I do hope so, I'm really looking forward to it. 😊

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.