Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by elen90)
    Haha, that was put up a while back when I was absolutely convinced I was going to Durham. It's a tad complicated, but -
    Spoiler:
    Show

I reapplied to Durham's Chinese course after the rejection, but at the same time thought I might as well apply to Oxford on a gap year just for the hell of doing the interview. I got my offer from Durham and was over the moon, did the Oxford interview in a state of chill, then found out the other day that Oxford has accepted me. It's a nice position to be in but I'm really struggling to decide between the two as I was entirely prepared for Durham!

Either way, it's proof that after initial dejection it works out. If both had rejected me I'd be going to another fantabulous uni anyway. Que sera, sera

I do still want to breed alpacas though.
    Congratulations on your offer both from Durham and from Oxford!

Breeding alpacas is a noble profession that everyone should strive for :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Congratulations on your offer both from Durham and from Oxford!

Breeding alpacas is a noble profession that everyone should strive for :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed it is. The world needs more alpacas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Haha, that was put up a while back when I was absolutely convinced I was going to Durham. It's a tad complicated, but -
    Spoiler:
    Show

I reapplied to Durham's Chinese course after the rejection, but at the same time thought I might as well apply to Oxford on a gap year just for the hell of doing the interview. I got my offer from Durham and was over the moon, did the Oxford interview in a state of chill, then found out the other day that Oxford has accepted me. It's a nice position to be in but I'm really struggling to decide between the two as I was entirely prepared for Durham!

Either way, it's proof that after initial dejection it works out. If both had rejected me I'd be going to another fantabulous uni anyway. Que sera, sera

I do still want to breed alpacas though.
    Sounds like you have a lot to think about ... hope you can decide and be happy wherever it is!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by fablereader)
    Indeed it is. The world needs more alpacas.
    They cute :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected after 3 days of waiting for my letter... I'm gutted but I'm sure I'll be happy at KCL or Bristol once the disappointment comes and goes. It was nice seeing you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    I was rejected after 3 days of waiting for my letter... I'm gutted but I'm sure I'll be happy at KCL or Bristol once the disappointment comes and goes. It was nice seeing you all!
    Wish you the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    They cute :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alpaca pictures:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=al...ANCVEQ_AUIBigB
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

:console: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just wondering if anybody knows that we can appeal against our rejection decision? Some body was enquiring in other tread.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    For those who have been rejected remember, Oxford isn't the be-all and end-all you can still be great people and succeed in life. However if you want to take a year out and reapply, go for it! Last year I was rejected post interview for Maths, after a bit of soul searching and realising what I truly want to study, I've been offered a place to read Physics this year. I know this sounds super cheesy but don't let one setback stop you from still moving forward in life!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Khed Aydi)
    For those who have been rejected remember, Oxford isn't the be-all and end-all you can still be great people and succeed in life. However if you want to take a year out and reapply, go for it! Last year I was rejected post interview for Maths, after a bit of soul searching and realising what I truly want to study, I've been offered a place to read Physics this year. I know this sounds super cheesy but don't let one setback stop you from still moving forward in life!
    Thank you will definitely keep this in mind (especially because I am one of the people who is still wavering about subject choices)

ReputationRep:
    AsmaaMahamud97 I've got an offer from Pembroke to study history and English

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry that you had to wait so long just for bad news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhisokay)
    AsmaaMahamud97 I've got an offer from Pembroke to study history and English
    In that case, hello! Maybe we met during the interview period?

Edit: just went on your profile and saw Quakers so I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Congrats!! And hopefully see you there.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the procedure for applying for feedback? I'd like to know my MLAT score (I'm not sure why they don't publish them actually)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbastelle)
    Does anyone know the procedure for applying for feedback? I'd like to know my MLAT score (I'm not sure why they don't publish them actually)
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...eedback?wssl=1

You have to write to the college for feedback on any part of the application/interview process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by temilawal)
    Another Hugh's person! What did you apply for?
    ayy I applied for arch and anth!

(Original post by fablereader)
    Congratulations!!

(Original post by valgal)
    Congrats! You must be thrilled!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    When will our UCAS Track update? I'm getting nightmares that they will rescind my offer/send out an error saying that they sent the wrong letter out to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unidropout)
    When will our UCAS Track update? I'm getting nightmares that they will rescind my offer/send out an error saying that they sent the wrong letter out to me.
    Omg good to know I'm not the only one with this gripping fear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tchaikovskyed)
    Omg good to know I'm not the only one with this gripping fear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too - I'm terrified this has all been an admin error, or they'll suddenly ask for 4 A*s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.