Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been seeing a guy for about 2 months. It's been a bit of a roller coaster and he has struggled to commit. Whenever things would be going well he would pull back and try to find excuses as to why it wouldn't work out between us. Then a few days later everything would be back to normal.

A few weeks ago we agreed to be in a relationship and take things seriously. However, he is still resistant to commit to any kind of future plans. He is going away at the end of the year and asked me to go but when I discuss it he says things like 'oh well you never know what might happen'. I get that's true in life but there should be more stability in a relationship. The thing that confuses me the most is the face he always says no matter what he wants me in his life forever. He talks a lot about getting married and wants to have a baby with me. I always found this odd as even when he was pulling away saying we don't have the same interests he would still say 'but I'd marry you tomorrow'. I feel confused and suspicious of his intentions. If you don't know if you want to commit to a holiday but want a baby with someone isn't that a bit odd?!.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you even wasting your time with this guy?

Two months in and he's still hot-and-cold with you; there's already too much drama so early on, I'd hate to see what it's like for you later in the relationship.
    Children and marriage? Really? After two months. Come on. Why are you even discussing this so early, especially given the situation?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Rachelf1888)
    I have been seeing a guy for about 2 months. It's been a bit of a roller coaster and he has struggled to commit. Whenever things would be going well he would pull back and try to find excuses as to why it wouldn't work out between us. Then a few days later everything would be back to normal.

A few weeks ago we agreed to be in a relationship and take things seriously. However, he is still resistant to commit to any kind of future plans. He is going away at the end of the year and asked me to go but when I discuss it he says things like 'oh well you never know what might happen'. I get that's true in life but there should be more stability in a relationship. The thing that confuses me the most is the face he always says no matter what he wants me in his life forever. He talks a lot about getting married and wants to have a baby with me. I always found this odd as even when he was pulling away saying we don't have the same interests he would still say 'but I'd marry you tomorrow'. I feel confused and suspicious of his intentions. If you don't know if you want to commit to a holiday but want a baby with someone isn't that a bit odd?!.
    He sounds hopeless. Find someeone else who you are more compatible with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.