Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, thought I'd make this forum for people who've applied for the fashion journalism courses at LCF and CSM this year as I haven't been able to find anyone else who's applied for it. Anyone else completely stressed waiting to hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallston)
    Hi guys, thought I'd make this forum for people who've applied for the fashion journalism courses at LCF and CSM this year as I haven't been able to find anyone else who's applied for it. Anyone else completely stressed waiting to hear back from them?
    I applied to the Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism course at CSM, I'm so stressed out! I sent my application last Sunday and I haven't received an acknowledgment letter from the University yet, did you? I literally go check the emails every two seconds, it's crazy haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia-DA)
    I applied to the Fashion Communication: Fashion Journalism course at CSM, I'm so stressed out! I sent my application last Sunday and I haven't received an acknowledgment letter from the University yet, did you? I literally go check the emails every two seconds, it's crazy haha
    I received an email saying they had my application but it wasn't straight away so I wouldn't worry too much! I had to submit an essay on Pebblepad for LCF but haven't heard anything from CSM yet aaah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallston)
    I received an email saying they had my application but it wasn't straight away so I wouldn't worry too much! I had to submit an essay on Pebblepad for LCF but haven't heard anything from CSM yet aaah
    yeah LCF sent an email asking for a portfolio to me too (for MA Fashion Media Practice And Criticism) but nothing from CSM yet

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've applied to both of the Fashion Journalism courses, and I'm also very stressed out I know that LCF interviews run from about the 20th of February, but I'm not sure about CSM! I'm constantly checking my emails/UCAS. I've already recieved an offer from LCC for Magazine Journalism and Publishing, they were pretty quick getting back to me. I think LCF/CSM would be better courses for me though.

Good luck to everyone else who has applied! I hope you all get an offer x

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've applied for Fashion Journalism at LCF and CSM too. I submitted 500 words to LCF through Pebblepad. I'm currently compiling my 12 pages for the applicant day on Feb 1st at UCA. I have an offer at LCC for Journalism.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy. I have also applied to the fashion Journalism courses at LCF and CSM and still haven't heard back from either so now the panic is really starting to set in haha. I didn't submit my UCAS stuff until the 21st of December so I don't know if it's naive to blame the lack of replies on that?? Either way I'm really feeling the stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syawn)
    Heyy. I have also applied to the fashion Journalism courses at LCF and CSM and still haven't heard back from either so now the panic is really starting to set in haha. I didn't submit my UCAS stuff until the 21st of December so I don't know if it's naive to blame the lack of replies on that?? Either way I'm really feeling the stress
    I know that both LCF and CSM wait until at least the 15th of January for 'equal consideration' so I wouldn't worry about that, apparently they take a few weeks from then to go through all the applications!

ReputationRep:
    hey! I have also applied to both and submitted my essay to LCF but I'm still freaking out wahhhhhhh!! Too much stress

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from either csm or lcf about the essay/article, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _matthew_)
    I still haven't heard from either csm or lcf about the essay/article, anyone else?
    I still haven't heard anything about an essay/article nor a rejection so I guess it's just a matter of waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Got an email saying to submit an essay to LCF but nothing from CSM yet!😩

ReputationRep:
    I just received an email from CSM to upload a portfolio of an 800 word essay... still nothing from LCF though since submitting my essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooneyniamh)
    I just received an email from CSM to upload a portfolio of an 800 word essay... still nothing from LCF though since submitting my essay
    800 words of seemingly total free rein, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Showing an aptitude for studying fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessworth)
    800 words of seemingly total free rein, yeah?
    The brief is so vague! There are so many topics you could write about. No idea what to choose though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rooneyniamh)
    I'm in exactly the same position!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like how vague it is!!

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty chilled but now I'm kind of worried. I submitted my application 15/12 and I received acknowledgements on ucas about how they're deciding etc. but I never got anything from lcf to submit 500 words and I'm still waiting for csm to reply or reject so idek what to think😂😭🙃do any of you think they're probably still deciding/sending out replies (I know that fashion journalism/communication has an abundance of applicants)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_miller98)
    I was pretty chilled but now I'm kind of worried. I submitted my application 15/12 and I received acknowledgements on ucas about how they're deciding etc. but I never got anything from lcf to submit 500 words and I'm still waiting for csm to reply or reject so idek what to think😂😭🙃do any of you think they're probably still deciding/sending out replies (I know that fashion journalism/communication has an abundance of applicants)
    I'm not sure! I submitted mine in early November but it wasn't until the end of December that I got the email for LCF to do the essay and now only just received the email from CSM. They're probably doing it in batches

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.