Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryarcher)
    Thank you so much!

H x
    You're welcome! x

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone here who had their interview for fashion journalism on 24th and received their offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fashion-journey)
    Personally I think that The Costume Store would be best for LCF and Sketch House would be best for CSM, based on the distance to each campus and the quality of the rooms. There are more central halls like Cordwainers Court but they're a lot smaller and dated as far as the interior goes. That's just my opinion though I might rent privately with friends in second and third year, but I'm not certain yet. At least there is the option to live in halls for all three years if necessary x
    The Costume Store looks good but it's so far out of Central London and if we are only in 2/3 days a week I don't want to be stuck on the outskirts with nothing much to do, I'm looking at the ones in the centre as well! Majority of them look so nice though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallston)
    Hi guys, thought I'd make this forum for people who've applied for the fashion journalism courses at LCF and CSM this year as I haven't been able to find anyone else who's applied for it. Anyone else completely stressed waiting to hear back from them?
    i received my offer today for fashion journalism at LCF! but not sure if I gonna accept it,because still have not heard from all of my choices...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leaaav)
    i received my offer today for fashion journalism at LCF! but not sure if I gonna accept it,because still have not heard from all of my choices...
    When was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitali11)
    When was your interview?
    for what? i didn't have an interview for fashion journalism,but i had 2 interviews last week in london for fashion styling and production and for fashion media practice and criticism,they called me probably,but i couldn't pick up,because i was in plane,haha

ReputationRep:
    for what? i didn't have an interview for fashion journalism,but i had 2 interviews last week in london for fashion styling and production and for fashion media practice and criticism,they called me probably,but i couldn't pick up,because i was in plane,haha
    Oh, so you got an offer for fashion journalism without an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i'll have my Skype interview for the Fashion media practice and criticism course in a couple days, can you tell what kind of questions they asked you? I'm so anxious haha and how did it go for you? you think you are going to make it your firm choice if you get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia-DA)
    Hey i'll have my Skype interview for the Fashion media practice and criticism course in a couple days, can you tell what kind of questions they asked you? I'm so anxious haha and how did it go for you? you think you are going to make it your firm choice if you get in?
    i'm not sure,i kind of can not decide, because there is something that i'm into on every course i've applied to...
    well they were very nice, i was interviewed by the course tutor and lecturer - woman and man. I did not originally applied to this course,so they told me at the beginning that the course team from my original choice suggested me for fashion media practice and then they asked why me, why fashion and stuff like that - really basic questions, then we started talking about my portfolio and they wanted me to choose my favourite piece from it and to talk about it and where i see myself in like 5 years...

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from LCF today! Without an interview though, is that common?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryarcher)
    Hi all,

I was just wondering what are you all going to do in terms of accommodation. I'm aware that for halls UAL offer over 13 places of residence but which one do you think is the best for LCF and CSM? Or are you all thinking about renting privately?

Just curious X.

H
    I've heard that Sketch house is a good accommodation from people that are living there now studying at LCF/CSM, I think its one of the liveliest and most sociable places and its only ten minutes from central london which is pretty handy when we would only be in uni for a few days a week! Apparently the costume store is a bit quieter/ less sociable but then it always depends on what flatmates you get x

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything back from CSM yet since they sent off their written piece?

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't heard anything, have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaanchaudhry)
    Got an offer from LCF today! Without an interview though, is that common?
    Did you apply for fashion journalism at LCF?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I haven't heard back from CSM but LCF suggested me for Fashion Media Practice and Criticism instead of FJ, and I just got an offer for it! In terms of accommodation, I'm really keen on Sketch House because it really does seem like the most value for money in terms of location and nightlife and stuff, but will wyatt looks really cool too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syawn)
    Hi! I haven't heard back from CSM but LCF suggested me for Fashion Media Practice and Criticism instead of FJ, and I just got an offer for it! In terms of accommodation, I'm really keen on Sketch House because it really does seem like the most value for money in terms of location and nightlife and stuff, but will wyatt looks really cool too!
    When was your interview for FJ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitali11)
    When was your interview for FJ?
    I didn't have one! LCF suggested me for Fashion Media Practice and criticism through email instead of fashion Journalism, and I went to an interview for fashion media pc on the 21st of Feb. I heard somewhere that CSM's interviews are in late March for FJ though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syawn)
    I didn't have one! LCF suggested me for Fashion Media Practice and criticism through email instead of fashion Journalism, and I went to an interview for fashion media pc on the 21st of Feb. I heard somewhere that CSM's interviews are in late March for FJ though.
    Oh. Alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syawn)
    heyyy,we probably met there! at 13:30? the girl with short hair dressed in black all head to toe haha

ReputationRep:
    heyyy,we probably met there! at 13:30? the girl with short hair dressed in black all head to toe haha
    OMG yes!! I was the boy you were talking to hahaha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.