Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in S3 going into S4 and my subject choices are coming up. I like maths and science and think I want to do something down a medical route like a doctor. I have a rough idea of what subjects I want to take -
    Maths
    English
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Modern Studies
    IT Business
    I'm not 100% sure about IT business and was wondering if anyone has some advice on what I should take.
    Thanks

(Original post by Tasha J)
    Hi, I'm in S3 going into S4 and my subject choices are coming up. I like maths and science and think I want to do something down a medical route like a doctor. I have a rough idea of what subjects I want to take -
    Maths
    English
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Modern Studies
    IT Business
    I'm not 100% sure about IT business and was wondering if anyone has some advice on what I should take.
    Thanks
    I think the best A Levels are definitely..
    1. Chemistry
    2. Biology

Then 3rd choice either..
    3. Physics, Maths, Further Maths

Then 4th. You can have a lot of choice with...
    4. English, Modern Studies, etc, anything you want

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm currently in 5th year and sitting higher maths, english, biology, chemistry and french. Last year I sat maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, french, geography, and P.E at Nat5 with 7As and a B.

I found that taking the likes of PE last year was a huge help, as universities don't really care what Nat5s you done; just what you got. So the more easy subjects you have, the better lol.

If you feel you can, I'd consider taking physics at national 5. Most medicine applicants will have highers at maths, english, and 3 sciences. You don't wanna have to crash higher physics in 5th, trust me that would be hell. The course isn't the easiest, but with hard work and a strength in maths it should be fine.

Also, medicine is really competetive so any extra-cirriculum activites you can do would help (musical instrument!!)

Good luck!! (If you've got any more questions about national 5 just ask)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fergijane88)
    Hiya, I'm currently in 5th year and sitting higher maths, english, biology, chemistry and french. Last year I sat maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, french, geography, and P.E at Nat5 with 7As and a B.

I found that taking the likes of PE last year was a huge help, as universities don't really care what Nat5s you done; just what you got. So the more easy subjects you have, the better lol.

If you feel you can, I'd consider taking physics at national 5. Most medicine applicants will have highers at maths, english, and 3 sciences. You don't wanna have to crash higher physics in 5th, trust me that would be hell. The course isn't the easiest, but with hard work and a strength in maths it should be fine.

Also, medicine is really competetive so any extra-cirriculum activites you can do would help (musical instrument!!)

Good luck!! (If you've got any more questions about national 5 just ask)
    Thank you so much, physics sounds like a good idea!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.