Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Received my offer yesterday. Standard AAA. I received my 4 week right before Christmas which meant I had to wait 6 weeks. 6 weeks would be next week, so I received mine a week earlier than I had anticipated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clitmuffins)
    Received my offer yesterday. Standard AAA. I received my 4 week right before Christmas which meant I had to wait 6 weeks. 6 weeks would be next week, so I received mine a week earlier than I had anticipated.

Congrats. My 4 week is coming to an end as well, hopefully I receive an offer

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer for BSc Government and Economics today - AAA. Over the moon!

GCSEs - 8A*s 2As 1B
    AS - AAB
    Predicted - A* (gov pol), A (maths), A (history)

Timing wise - My 4 week email came on 16th January

Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! Thank you!

(Original post by Alipaly23)
    Received an offer for BSc Government and Economics today - AAA. Over the moon!

GCSEs - 8A*s 2As 1B
    AS - AAB
    Predicted - A* (gov pol), A (maths), A (history)

Timing wise - My 4 week email came on 16th January

Good luck guys

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the average successful applicant for this course get for their predicted A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    As of tomorrow, I will have waited 5 weeks since the last email. Has anyone received rejections yet? Maybe they're sending them last, which is why I've had to wait longer than the specified 4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer too! Is there a group chat or something?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer about a week ago

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!
    When did you send your application and what were your circumstances? (Grades, subjects etc)

ReputationRep:
    Its now been 6 weeks since my 4 week email.... Is that a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha love your name but I am in the exact same position and it is hell

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE's weren't amazing, 3A*, 7A's and 3B's & neither were my AS's; I got AAE, in maths, politics and further maths respectively. But I'm predicted A*A*A in politics, economics and maths. I'm guessing its my personal statement that got me the offer tbh. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani2015)
    My GCSE's weren't amazing, 3A*, 7A's and 3B's & neither were my AS's; I got AAE, in maths, politics and further maths respectively. But I'm predicted A*A*A in politics, economics and maths. I'm guessing its my personal statement that got me the offer tbh. Good luck x
    Yeah, my GCSe's are similar with 4 A's at as and an A*A*A prediction.
    However, I didn't mention enough politics in my personal statement, as all my other applications were for straight econ. :/

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard back yet either and was wondering whether there was anyone who has been rejected already because seeing as it's been seven weeks since I received my four-week e-mail it seems all the more inevitable that they're leaving rejections till all the offers have gone out which I have doubt to believe is quite near.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libertyordeath)
    I haven't heard back yet either and was wondering whether there was anyone who has been rejected already because seeing as it's been seven weeks since I received my four-week e-mail it seems all the more inevitable that they're leaving rejections till all the offers have gone out which I have doubt to believe is quite near.
    Quite a few rejections have gone out, some with great academic credentials you'll find it on the main LSE 2017 thread

ReputationRep:
    Hi, well done on your offer! When did you apply? And what date did you receive your offer? I'm on my second week of the four week email and the wait is killing me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I applied on the 11th of November & I got an offer on the 3rd of February, the wait was quite long!

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 9th of October and it's been 10 weeks since my last email saying it would be 8 weeks. I got AAAA last year and am predicted A*A*A this year. I feel they're going to reject me but they could have done it quicker than 4 months I just want to hear something

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I applied on the 11th of November & I got an offer on the 3rd of February, the wait was quite long!
    I applied on the exact same day. 😭 I am still waiting, hopefully there's good news soon. 🤞🏽

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected less than an hour ago due to personal statement

Anyone thinking reapplying next year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.