What uni will u be going to instead?

King's and safe warwick,
Original post by marx_victor
Same, I am considering transfer on my second year

Why is that?
Original post by j114lin
Just got rejected less than an hour ago due to personal statement

Anyone thinking reapplying next year?

I may reapply next year. But this is honestly disappointing! I not only got rejected by LSE, but also KINGS, when I got accepted by a local university in Singapore ( I am an international applicant) which has a global ranking higher than Kings.
Original post by Karthigan
I may reapply next year. But this is honestly disappointing! I not only got rejected by LSE, but also KINGS, when I got accepted by a local university in Singapore ( I am an international applicant) which has a global ranking higher than Kings.

NUS or Nanyang? If it is NUS that I consider it no worse than LSE actually. (Don't even have a chance for me, they need GCE A-Level student with predicted grade to take SAT, hilarious.)
Original post by DavidMZhu
NUS or Nanyang? If it is NUS that I consider it no worse than LSE actually. (Don't even have a chance for me, they need GCE A-Level student with predicted grade to take SAT, hilarious.)

NUS. The rankings for NUS and LSE are about the same, but LSE is the quintessential social sciences institution. So its pretty sad. Maybe i shall stick to NUS. My course is also a partnership between Yale University in the US and NUS so maybe i will leverage on the Yale (ivy league) factor in my job applications
NUS. The rankings for NUS and LSE are about the same, but LSE is the quintessential social sciences institution. So its pretty sad. Maybe i shall stick to NUS. My course is also a partnership between Yale University in the US and NUS so maybe i will leverage on the Yale (ivy league) factor in my job applications

Did you get into Yale-NUS? If so... even better! Great job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Did you get into Yale-NUS? If so... even better! Great job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes I have gotten a place at Yale NUS, with a full-ride scholarship (sounds ideal). However, over my gap year I have realised that I am not the inquisitive kind who is willing to learn a broad range of subject matter that is taught at Liberal Arts colleges. Hence, I applied to UK unis for more focused and rigorous education. Anyways, are you from Singapore? Very little people know abt Yale NUS and liberal arts education in Singapore so am worried about my future prospects as well
Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes I have gotten a place at Yale NUS, with a full-ride scholarship (sounds ideal). However, over my gap year I have realised that I am not the inquisitive kind who is willing to learn a broad range of subject matter that is taught at Liberal Arts colleges. Hence, I applied to UK unis for more focused and rigorous education. Anyways, are you from Singapore? Very little people know abt Yale NUS and liberal arts education in Singapore so am worried about my future prospects as well

No I am not from Singapore but yes I am from Asia. :smile: tbh Yale-NUS with a full-ride scholarship is definitely ideal but I understand that it may not be the focused education that you want to have (why I applied to the UK tbh other than tuition fees) Yeah not that many people know about Yale-NUS which is rather unfortunate imo (they come to my country to promote themselves and I went to on of their events :lol:) Honestly, I am sure with the Yale name and the NUS name... you'll be fine... dw about future prospects :smile:
No I am not from Singapore but yes I am from Asia. :smile: tbh Yale-NUS with a full-ride scholarship is definitely ideal but I understand that it may not be the focused education that you want to have (why I applied to the UK tbh other than tuition fees) Yeah not that many people know about Yale-NUS which is rather unfortunate imo (they come to my country to promote themselves and I went to on of their events :lol:) Honestly, I am sure with the Yale name and the NUS name... you'll be fine... dw about future prospects :smile:

Yup i guess in a couple of years Yale NUS might become popular. Maybe the grass is greener the other side. But i think UK/ US unis(even the mid tier unis like Kings or Brown) are better than NUS even though they are not faring as well as NUS in the rankings. NUS and Singaporeans as a whole are performance-oriented, where they work towards achieving the best in every indicator involved in calculating the ranking, which is why NUS and even NTU have climbed up the ranks to top 20, leapfrogging even some ivy leagues in the US and the Russell Group Unis in the UK. My sister studies in NUS and says that the experience isn't that impressive. So UK is a better choice
Yup i guess in a couple of years Yale NUS might become popular. Maybe the grass is greener the other side. But i think UK/ US unis(even the mid tier unis like Kings or Brown) are better than NUS even though they are not faring as well as NUS in the rankings. NUS and Singaporeans as a whole are performance-oriented, where they work towards achieving the best in every indicator involved in calculating the ranking, which is why NUS and even NTU have climbed up the ranks to top 20, leapfrogging even some ivy leagues in the US and the Russell Group Unis in the UK. My sister studies in NUS and says that the experience isn't that impressive. So UK is a better choice

Brown is not a mid-tier university. The only reason why it is so low in world rankings is because of the low student population and undergraduate-oriented rather than the graduate-oriented education system. Honestly probably, I would agree that UK would probably be the better choice. But tbh Yale-NUS and the real NUS is kinda different.
Still waiting, I applied on the 5th October so this wait is a killer :frown:
I think I'm 7 weeks into my 4 week email aswell which is annoying, good luck to you all!
Brown is not a mid-tier university. The only reason why it is so low in world rankings is because of the low student population and undergraduate-oriented rather than the graduate-oriented education system. Honestly probably, I would agree that UK would probably be the better choice. But tbh Yale-NUS and the real NUS is kinda different.

Thank you for enlightening me on the course dynamics in Brown! I honestly didn't know about it. Anyways, from the exterior( student life, classroom interactions, subject matter) all looks different in Yale NUS than the real NUS. But does it give Yale NUS and it's students an edge. There's also the whole problem of an identity crisis in Yale NUS where students in the college choose to be associated with Yale more than NUS, when they are perpetually studying and living within the NUS ecosystem. This impedes the fundamental west meets the east axiom on which the institution was set up. But what is an outsider opinion on Yale NUS. You must have attended that event hosted by Yale NUS with your friends? What did they have to say?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Student7th
Still waiting, I applied on the 5th October so this wait is a killer :frown:
I think I'm 7 weeks into my 4 week email aswell which is annoying, good luck to you all!

Yeahhh Im in the same situation as you. Would this be your first option?
Original post by Supplynddemand99
Yeahhh Im in the same situation as you. Would this be your first option?

It would! Yours? And I'm so sorry, hopefully it goes well for us!
Reply 56
I am still on my 4 week email and really scared. Dont wanna get a rejection :/
Literally just got my 4 week email today! Does that mean I am more likely to be accepted?
Reply 58
Original post by zhuk
Literally just got my 4 week email today! Does that mean I am more likely to be accepted?

No.
Reply 59
To everyone vying for a place at this course: don't you worry because you are against me, who messed up LSE's entrance exam badly enough to safely predict a place has just been freed up. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending