Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Latest update

8 March 2017, 11:39
    London School of Economics and Political Science (University of London) has offered you a place for Government and Economics, subject to conditions. Please view the choice to see these

Was predicted AAA 6 A*s 2 As and a B at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats! When did you apply? Also, are you an international student?

8 March 2017, 11:39
    London School of Economics and Political Science (University of London) has offered you a place for Government and Economics, subject to conditions. Please view the choice to see these

Was predicted AAA 6 A*s 2 As and a B at GCSE[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    1. HI Guys,
      i was wondering if someone could help me. On November 7th i applied for the Bsc Government and Economics course at LSE. I got the 8 week further assessment email around december. However, due to the christmas break LSE took they responded to me on February 6th saying they need up to 4 more weeks to consider my application. It has now been over 5 weeks. Should i call them to find out what is happening or should i play the waiting game?

Thank you for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harveerrothar10)
    1. HI Guys,
      i was wondering if someone could help me. On November 7th i applied for the Bsc Government and Economics course at LSE. I got the 8 week further assessment email around december. However, due to the christmas break LSE took they responded to me on February 6th saying they need up to 4 more weeks to consider my application. It has now been over 5 weeks. Should i call them to find out what is happening or should i play the waiting game?

Thank you for any help
    I emailed and they were like "we'll get back to you before the final deadline", like thanks. Just got my offer today. 2 months after my last decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timfarron)
    I emailed and they were like "we'll get back to you before the final deadline", like thanks. Just got my offer today. 2 months after my last decision.
    Ahh congratulations man! Unfortunately i got rejected today

ReputationRep:
    Finally heard, the wait almost killed me was delighted to get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student7th)
    Finally heard, the wait almost killed me was delighted to get an offer
    Did you get an offer today? Got my 4 week email on the 27th February, so should be soon. When did you get your 4 week email? Congratulations btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhuk)
    Did you get an offer today? Got my 4 week email on the 27th February, so should be soon. When did you get your 4 week email? Congratulations btw!
    Thank you! I did, it came at around 4.30pm. 4 week email came early jan, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Got offer on Friday~ I submit my application on literally last minute (Jan.14), they sent the 8 weeks email on Valentines Day but the decision reached me a bit earlier than it stated

A* in Math (But it was a retake, only got a B first time), predicted another A*A*A in Physics, Econ, Geo(AS Geo was just a high b, not that beautiful), with 2A*5A1B in IGCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karthigan)
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes I have gotten a place at Yale NUS, with a full-ride scholarship (sounds ideal). However, over my gap year I have realised that I am not the inquisitive kind who is willing to learn a broad range of subject matter that is taught at Liberal Arts colleges. Hence, I applied to UK unis for more focused and rigorous education. Anyways, are you from Singapore? Very little people know abt Yale NUS and liberal arts education in Singapore so am worried about my future prospects as well
    At the same time, I got rejected by Yale-NUS Probably because I didn't submit an SAT score (They say they won't judge but I still think I was disadvantaged) Also I think my essays are not that strong, wrote too much UCAS style PS and not that used to the American style essays.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer just now, I'm so happy as it's my first choice The wait was killing me.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer 2 weeks back!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.