Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guysss,

So I'm trying to get 4A*s this year. My subjects are bio, chem, physics and further maths. I'm so bad at physics, and most of further maths lol, but I'm hoping that making this will magically change that! HMU with all your motivation, and moan about how much your life sucks with me xx
    So imma break it down for you (idk why anyone cares but hey)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Biology: Linear AQA syllabus
    Chemistry: Linear AQA syllabus
    Physics: Linear AQA syllabus
    Further maths: Modular Edexcel
    Modules: FP1-3, M1-3

ReputationRep:
    Today's to do list:
    Revise for a test on Acids, Bases, Buffers, pH and all that jazz by...
    - reading some chem revise notes
    - reading through that lovely green chapter in the textbook
    - attempt some wonderful past paper questions
    Do FP2 homework on Polar coordinates (have to consolidate this part because I literally know f all)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry that everything I say sounds sarcastic af but I'm forcing myself to pretend its fun because fake it till you make it and all that!

(If anyone is lurking, pls join in, can't be moaning on my own)
    CutieTootsie Tagging you because you're an absolute babe and you inspire me every day with your GYG page xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I can do this)
    Hi guysss,

So I'm trying to get 4A*s this year. My subjects are bio, chem, physics and further maths. I'm so bad at physics, and most of further maths lol, but I'm hoping that making this will magically change that! HMU with all your motivation, and moan about how much your life sucks with me xx
    So imma break it down for you (idk why anyone cares but hey)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Biology: Linear AQA syllabus
    Chemistry: Linear AQA syllabus
    Physics: Linear AQA syllabus
    Further maths: Modular Edexcel
    Modules: FP1-3, M1-3

Hey,

I do bio and chem AQA so if you need help with them just let me know

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    Hey,

I do bio and chem AQA so if you need help with them just let me know

Good luck!
    Aww thank you! That's so sweet! How are you finding it? What else do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Good luck! I hope you achieve your goals!

I'm also aiming for the same grades, and we do similar subjects!, Check out my thread, if you like: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4481436

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you! That's so sweet! How are you finding it? What else do you do?
    I'm not quite sure of you're an AS or A2 student but i'm an A2 and my college let us sit the exams for all our subjects last year.

I'm a little (quite a lot actually) behind on my revision as i've been busy with interviews and other things for my uni application. But i hope to start revising this weekend as i just had my 3rd interview yesterday and dont have another till next month.

My 3 golden tips for revision are:
    1) Buy the CGP textbooks and use these to write notes (i used these and still do use these for bio and chem)
    2) Download the specification for all your subjects and use this to guide you when writing notes
    3) Write notes using colour and capitilisation when necessary so it sticks (works for me but not sure about everyone else). If there is an important word or sentence then write it in your favourite colour and capitalise it so it stands out even more. Also i dont just use colour randomly, i use black pen for writing sentences and when there is a certain phrase or word which is important i use colour then.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    I'm not quite sure of you're an AS or A2 student but i'm an A2 and my college let us sit the exams for all our subjects last year.

I'm a little (quite a lot actually) behind on my revision as i've been busy with interviews and other things for my uni application. But i hope to start revising this weekend as i just had my 3rd interview yesterday and dont have another till next month.

My 3 golden tips for revision are:
    1) Buy the CGP textbooks and use these to write notes (i used these and still do use these for bio and chem)
    2) Download the specification for all your subjects and use this to guide you when writing notes
    3) Write notes using colour and capitilisation when necessary so it sticks (works for me but not sure about everyone else). If there is an important word or sentence then write it in your favourite colour and capitalise it so it stands out even more. Also i dont just use colour randomly, i use black pen for writing sentences and when there is a certain phrase or word which is important i use colour then.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you for such a wonderful post! Your tips are so helpful, I always love hearing about how other people revise. Turns out our methods aren't too dissimilar! I use the CGP textbook and make notes on it for physics, but not for chemistry or biology. I love your tips about colour and capitalisation! Thank you!
    I'm doing year 2 too, but I didn't sit external exams last year because our school didn't let us
    Interviews? Medicine or dentistry perhaps..?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for such a wonderful post! Your tips are so helpful, I always love hearing about how other people revise. Turns out our methods aren't too dissimilar! I use the CGP textbook and make notes on it for physics, but not for chemistry or biology. I love your tips about colour and capitalisation! Thank you!
    I'm doing year 2 too, but I didn't sit external exams last year because our school didn't let us
    Interviews? Medicine or dentistry perhaps..?
    Ah np

Ah thats awesome! For me the cgp book for biology was extremely helpful as my college did not provide us with sufficient notes (dont get me wrong the college is absolutely awesome. For chemistry all the notes were awesome and for every other subject the teachers were flawless but the bio dept at my college is not the best )

Well i'm glad my tips were useful! And you're welcome

Medicine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.