Turn on thread page Beta

Prof Joshua Silver car crash interview on Amber Rudd "hate speech". watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    It was a clearly intended 'name and shame policy' to try and shame businesses who hire foreign workers.

I thought you supported business and aspiration and all that?
    I believe in comparative advantage within competitive markets too. If hiring British workers gives a firm a comparative advantage then they should be free to do so.

It's only a bad policy if you believe that consumers are xenophobic or view patriotism as bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    What is it with leftists and beards? They're all just Karl Marx wannabes... a true leftie like my boy Mao Tse-Tsung needs no facial hair!

On the video though, Andrew Neil ily, what a beautiful political commentator that makes Marr look like a petulant child in comparison.
    I wouldn't call this guy left wing. Not in the slightest. He is just an over paid, under competent academic....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.