theaverage1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm in year 10 and I have a year, or under, left till I have to write my personal statement and my teachers have advised us all to start now and plan by writing drafts.Whilst doing this it has suddenly dawned upon me, I have done absolutely no extra curricular activities, I can only think of 2 questionable extra curricular activities I have done, I did a lot of extra curricular stuff during primary but left after I joined secondary because my mom wanted me to focus on studying and put me in tuition.

So my question is do these count as extra-curricular activities? :
I taught myself how to build a pc and bought parts by myself.
Really creative and artistic, I draw a lot at home but don't show anyone.
I'm really unsure about this but from my lack of activities I'm desperate, does helping at home count, also helped my cousins move out and into a different house.

Also, does weekend tuition count? I did a bunch of extra curriculars in primary can I say something about them, they did not continue after I left primary however.
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya,

You don't have to have lots of extra curriculars. It is more important to be able to talk about the skills that you have learnt from them e.g. teamwork, reliability, determination, communication.

It might be a good idea to pick a couple of extra curriculars that you'd enjoy doing or even something like volunteering as this will boost your skills and you might need examples for uni personal statement or a job interview. It will also give you a break from study and allow you to meet new people
theaverage1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by VioletPhillippo)
Hiya,

You don't have to have lots of extra curriculars. It is more important to be able to talk about the skills that you have learnt from them e.g. teamwork, reliability, determination, communication.

It might be a good idea to pick a couple of extra curriculars that you'd enjoy doing or even something like volunteering as this will boost your skills and you might need examples for uni personal statement or a job interview. It will also give you a break from study and allow you to meet new people
Thanks!, thing is I don't know where to find any of these extra curricular activities, such as volunteering and that, the only things are after school clubs but cannot find anything within my local residency that is not linked to school, and I'm an introvert to make things even worse.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads