Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Life is tough if you're ugly Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just get some confidence they say. What if you have it already? What good is confidence if you are invisible? What good is being funny, smart, or anything when people will treat you differently? You tell a funny joke? Yeah it was more funny when that pretty girl said it, even though she completely butchered it. Didn't even listen when you told it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you ok?

ReputationRep:
    What happened ?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because confidence does go a long way. If you constantly put yourself down and say you're ugly, then other people will think the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Because confidence does go a long way. If you constantly put yourself down and say you're ugly, then other people will think the same.
    Not if people don't look at you in the first place? It doesn't seem to matter if you have it. It just seems like a lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Are you ok?
    Yes thanks for asking.

(Original post by Supernova91)
    What happened ?
    Nothing specific that triggered it, just what i've been feeling for about 2 years I guess, my confidence has shot up but it doesn't seem to matter.

ReputationRep:
    People used to say how ugly I am. That is until they found out how much money I have.

Now they say I'm ugly and poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    People used to say how ugly I am. That is until they found out how much money I have.

Now they say I'm ugly and poor.
    Haha

I can relate, man. I never wore makeup until this one time and suddenly everyone started treating me nicely. And I never usually make much friends and on that day, people came up to me to speak. Its quite sad really.

ReputationRep:
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder :yep:

buuuutt, I know the feeling don't worry :rolleyes: we'll get there one day :yep::five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheExtrovertGod)
    Nothing specific that triggered it, just what i've been feeling for about 2 years I guess, my confidence has shot up but it doesn't seem to matter.
    Confidence is an attractive attribute , for sure. Perhaps it's falling on deaf ears, maybe need to meet some new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can relate, man. I never wore makeup until this one time and suddenly everyone started treating me nicely. And I never usually make much friends and on that day, people came up to me to speak. Its quite sad really.
    I see so many guys and girls who put on this mask of confidence, it may even be genuine, but people still see straight through it. It just seems life is lived in the shallow end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    Confidence is an attractive attribute , for sure. Perhaps it's falling on deaf ears, maybe need to meet some new people.
    I think I agree partly, on a pretty person it is attractive, but on a pretty person it doesn't even matter if they're confident, that's just a bonus. For the rest of us, it doesn't matter if we can give a speech in front of 100 people, no one bothers with us afterwards as they can see for themselves what we look like.

ReputationRep:
    I see so many guys and girls who put on this mask of confidence, it may even be genuine, but people still see straight through it. It just seems life is lived in the shallow end.
    I agree.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just get some confidence they say. What if you have it already? What good is confidence if you are invisible? What good is being funny, smart, or anything when people will treat you differently? You tell a funny joke? Yeah it was more funny when that pretty girl said it, even though she completely butchered it. Didn't even listen when you told it.
    That's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    what so people can read minds

ReputationRep:
    Are you male or female? In any case, the further you get in life (university, professional work) the less people will be interested in the superficial when choosing their friends.

ReputationRep:
    I think I agree partly, on a pretty person it is attractive, but on a pretty person it doesn't even matter if they're confident, that's just a bonus. For the rest of us, it doesn't matter if we can give a speech in front of 100 people, no one bothers with us afterwards as they can see for themselves what we look like.
    Seems to be associating with very fickle people !!!

ReputationRep:
    beccome good looking, problem solved

ReputationRep:
    Are you male or female? In any case, the further you move through life (university, professional work), the less people choose their friends based on the superficial. However, being resentful of people because you feel they treat you differently is not going to improve anything.

On my course, there were plenty of physically unattractive but well-liked people (those who worked hard and/or were pleasant company), and even the least attractive girls had boyfriends.

Spoiler:
    Show

My course was physics

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.