The Student Room Group

Which university? Birmingham, Sussex, Southampton.

I have conditional offers of AAB for history at Birmingham, Southampton and Sussex but I'm stuck in choosing which to firm and insure. They are all close together on the league table, so opinions, not just based on that would help.
Original post by neillgg07
I have conditional offers of AAB for history at Birmingham, Southampton and Sussex but I'm stuck in choosing which to firm and insure. They are all close together on the league table, so opinions, not just based on that would help.

Have you visited all of the universities? Which university offers the course that you think is the most interesting?
Do you have any offers with lower grades? The point of insurance is that if you miss your grades and still have a place at a university that you're realatively happy to go to. If all these unis have given you the same requirements than there's little point putting one in as insurance
Birmingham is the most reputable so id suggest putting that as firm.
IMO id put Southampton as an insurance but tbf its totally based on your interests.
Original post by neillgg07

There is no single league table. Which one has the most modules you like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't go based on the league tables, employers really don't care if you went to Birmingham in 2017 when it was at number 7 in the league for this blah blah blah...

Go with the university whose course you like the most, at the end of the day, you're going to be studying it for the next 3-4 years so you need to know that you're going to enjoy it! Also, if you've taken a look around the campuses, make sure you take into account whether you like the campus or not!

Hope all goes well for you!
Reply 6
Original post by rayquaza17
Have you visited all of the universities? Which university offers the course that you think is the most interesting?

I'm going to all 3 applicant days, southampton has the best course in my opinion, but birmingham is more prestigious i think and sussex has nice campus.
Reply 7
Original post by TheIncredibleZ
Birmingham is the most reputable so id suggest putting that as firm.
IMO id put Southampton as an insurance but tbf its totally based on your interests.

Any reason you choose them over Sussex?
Reply 8
Original post by maroumarou
Do you have any offers with lower grades? The point of insurance is that if you miss your grades and still have a place at a university that you're realatively happy to go to. If all these unis have given you the same requirements than there's little point putting one in as insurance

Southampton often let you drop a grade, and if i firm sussex my offer is ABB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending