Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you look past a girls flaws if you loved her personaility? Watch

ReputationRep:
    lets say you met a gorgeous girl and was getting to know her/seeing each other and you thought she was great, you was on cloud9 heading towards a relationship. would a guy run for the hills if they let you know about something such as a skin insecurity..

E.g. You handnt noticed at all but they she has really bad scarring/burns on legs which they cover up with make up/or wear clothes over, or even a tattoo diaster on their body which they always cover up with make up.

What would be the best way to tell a guy of an issue like this? Is it best to make out its not a big deal, or have a serious chat and let them know your insecurity over it? Timing is an issue too as you would have to have them aware before things become to intimate as theyl be touching your body etc.

My friend has alipecia and her boyfriend accepeted her after she pretty much brokedown about it when she told him she wears a wig after a month of dating.

Just looking for some peoples experiences everyone or views. esp guys.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so because it's hard enough getting over something like a burn/scar (whatever it is), never mind having a significant other who doesn't want to accept it or who has an issue with it .

ReputationRep:
    While there is the matter of losing attraction if a girl reveals something like this (which a guy doesn't really have control over) I don't see why it should be an issue.
    If said person is a man, and not a boy, they should be able to look past it and at the person they fell for

ReputationRep:
    Have done before, would do again.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has flaws so of course I would.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what the issue is. I can look past some things but not others but id have to see it to make a judgement. As for a girl telling me id want to know before getting intimate as its not fair to be hiding secrets like that from someone you care aobut.

ReputationRep:
    You'll find that nobody cares as much about scars and stuff as much as the person whose body they're on does. Some stuff like that is actually quite cute

ReputationRep:
    Always

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.