Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the main features of a healthy (romantic) relationship? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are the main features of a healthy (romantic) relationship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marho9)
    What are the main features of a healthy (romantic) relationship?
    I’d say:
    - Treat each other with respect
    - Feel secure and comfortable with each other
    - They support one another when times get tough
    - They trust eachother, are honest with them
    - imo communication is vital! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    I’d say:
    - Treat each other with respect
    - Feel secure and comfortable with each other
    - They support one another when times get tough
    - They trust eachother, are honest with them
    - imo communication is vital! :yep:
    Aw I can't rate you anymore . But THIS x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    Aw I can't rate you anymore . But THIS x
    aww:love:

(me neither haha:hugs: )

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I find respect, communication, loyalty/devotion, working together, and having fun are important parts of a relationship. Both members of the relationship need to feel valued and need to be interested in the other person. If you get into a routine with a job or education, I find it helps to include fun activities into your day so that you continue to laugh together and learn new things about each other.

I also find that having a physical and mental connection helps (that can mean different things to different people). Generally, just being friends as well as romantically involved works pretty well.
    If you feel that you can trust a person and open up to them, there is more of a chance that they will feel the same about sharing their thoughts and feelings with you.

All relationships are different though so what works for me may not work for different people and vice vera. Thats why communication is so important.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    respect, communication and loyalty and just any other aspects that make you work well as a team.

ReputationRep:
    Well speaking from expierence, healthy relationships aren't about always being lovey dovey and perfect. They are about being a friend as well as being intimate and romantic. I'd say the most important factors in a healthy relationship are loyalty, safety, trust, honest and compassion and the ability to communicate with each other not only on how you feel for each other but also what you guys feel you need to improve on. It's important to express your views and hear out your partners views and if you ever clash on something try to compromise, meet each other half way. Also the occasional argument is normal. Hope this helps.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You both want the same things when it comes to big things like wanting kids, moving in together, getting married etc

You don't argue constantly. Some arguments are fine but when you argue more than you are happy or neutral, that's a problem

You feel comfortable enough to turn to them with every problem

Things in the relationship are fair. I don't think you can ever get a relationship that is truly 50/50 but as long as there's a healthy share of things done by each then I'd say that's fine so not only one person is doing all the work

You have a healthy mix of good, neutral and bad times. People think a good relationship has no bad times and things must always be sunshine and rainbows which is a lot of crap. As long as the bad doesn't outweigh the good, you're fine

You can be yourself around them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.