Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there everyone, new to this forum and I hope i get some help

    I'm an As Student who's taken Maths and Physics.

    So basically I'm studying Cambridge GCE AS level Maths at college and in this upcoming october I'll be appearing in Mechanics 1 and Pure Maths 1 and since my college does NOT teach a level further maths, I'm kinda confused what to do now.

    Now I've done my research and also a lot of my friends are saying that I need to complete A level Statistics 1 and Pure Maths 3 by myself in one year along with the current Mechanics 1 and Pure Maths 3 that are being taught in college so that I can appear in Further Maths next year. I've also managed to get a tutor but he's only going to teach me Further Maths but before I need to complete all these 4 modules.

    I've taken the step to study further maths due to the fact that I have a huge interest in maths and keeps growing along with Physics.

    I've also searched and found out that a lots of universities prefer students who have a taken their third subject as further maths rather then chemistry for mechanical or aerospace engineering since I plan to enroll in either one of these fields after my A levels.

    Can someone tell me which modules to do along with my current m1 and p1 modules and what else to consider ? What else to do ? Students who've appeared in FM, your help will be appreciated !

  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

    Make your revision easier


    Maths Forum posting guidelines

    Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here


    How to use LaTex

    Writing equations the easy way

    Student revising

    Study habits of A* students

    Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

    Study Planner

    Create your own Study Planner

    Never miss a deadline again

    Polling station sign

    Thinking about a maths degree?

    Chat with other maths applicants

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.