Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After a LOT of researching I have shortlisted : Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Exeter, Lancaster, Newcastle, Bath, York and Leeds.

How are these Universities in terms of experience and mathematics itself? Any other Universities that you would recommend looking into?

ReputationRep:
    Good: Edinburgh, Bath
    Half-decent: Manchester, Exeter, Newcastle, York, Leeds
    Below-par: Cardiff, Lancaster

Nottingham, Durham, and UCL would fall into the "good" category, with the top 4 being Cambridge, Oxford, Warwick, and Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiantoinette)
    After a LOT of researching I have shortlisted : Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Exeter, Lancaster, Newcastle, Bath, York and Leeds.

How are these Universities in terms of experience and mathematics itself? Any other Universities that you would recommend looking into?
    It's subjective, but all of these do have good standards (based on what you will learn). I've applied to most of these and firmed Cardiff last year mostly because of the ideal course structure (it's very flexible, just like Bath), and also the fact that we can choose any modules from other courses as our optional module (since I wanted to do a mix of Physics and Comp Sci modules). The Maths department is pretty good, plus the city is awesome.

Look carefully on the course structure, go on an applicants/open day to see how its like and then make your decisions. Also note that a Maths degree anywhere will be challenging even though the entry requirements and rigour won't be on par as Oxbridge or even Warwick .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.