Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    General rule of thumb, join the larger one. I requested to join the one with 490 members a couple days ago but haven't been been accepted... not sure what's going on there😬[/QUOTE]

Yeah I spoke to a friend of mine who's currently there, she said to join the larger one since there's (apparently) a lot of scammy copies or something. I wasn't sure if it was too early to request since everyone else was added for the 2016/17 year, but I did it anyway. haven't been accepted yet either lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieann98)
    General rule of thumb, join the larger one. I requested to join the one with 490 members a couple days ago but haven't been been accepted... not sure what's going on there😬
    Yeah I spoke to a friend of mine who's currently there, she said to join the larger one since there's (apparently) a lot of scammy copies or something. I wasn't sure if it was too early to request since everyone else was added for the 2016/17 year, but I did it anyway. haven't been accepted yet either lmao[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's strange, admins on those kind of groups are usually pretty quick... have you put AUB as your firm?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's strange, admins on those kind of groups are usually pretty quick... have you put AUB as your firm?[/QUOTE]

Yeah 100% my firm, I feel like I'm getting a bit ahead of myself tho with my severe stalking of fb groups and youtube vids of what it's like there. Is it your first choice or??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marieann98)
    Yeah, it's strange, admins on those kind of groups are usually pretty quick... have you put AUB as your firm?
    Yeah 100% my firm, I feel like I'm getting a bit ahead of myself tho with my severe stalking of fb groups and youtube vids of what it's like there. Is it your first choice or??[/QUOTE]

I'm a gap year student so I firmed it last year and got accepted as if I was going September 2016. Trust me on the stalking, I'm exactly the same. I think it's a mix of fear and excitement...😂 AUB just had the right feel for me.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone send me a link to the FB group I can't find it

ReputationRep:
    On the accommodation portal, does anyone have more options besides Madeira Road???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConfusedTurtle3)
    On the accommodation portal, does anyone have more options besides Madeira Road???
    no thats all I had aswell, was my only choice anyway but kinda wanted a back up

ReputationRep:
    I literally made this account just to post here haha, I got into Madeira Road and was given my block number (A) and flat/room number etc. I was gonna ask if theres any fb chats or groups for each flat I'd acc like to talk to everyone (and stalk lol) that's going to the same accommodation, or if theres a chat for the Foundation course ? would be cool to talk to everyone before idk

ReputationRep:
    Why did you choose to do a foundation and what do you want to do next?

I applied for Animation, but got suggested to do a foundation and work on my portfolio. Despite having received offers for Animation at other unis, I decided there was a lot I needed to learn before starting (IB Art doesn't teach you anything at all :s rip).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.