Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Sociology GCSE - easy? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is the aqa sociology gcse exam easy to do well in?

ReputationRep:
    I got A* in one exam and F in another. If you're doing pre release then good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11 and I was wondering if sociology is a gcse that I can independently learn in a few months and do well in the exam
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack5577)
    I'm in year 11 and I was wondering if sociology is a gcse that I can independently learn in a few months and do well in the exam
    As a general rule, any subject can be learnt independently with the right skills and time commitment. To learn a whole GCSE in a few months is always going to be a push and difficult - how much spare time do you have to commit to it?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a lot of time to spare but if i were to try and learn it independently, then my main concern would be learning the exam technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack5577)
    I've got a lot of time to spare but if i were to try and learn it independently, then my main concern would be learning the exam technique.
    As long as it doesn't impact on core subjects in terms of revision, I'd say it's possible. There's a wealth of resources on the AQA website. Ask your school or another centre to enter you for the exams to make it official and avoid late entry fees.

ReputationRep:
    For unit 2 paper do we have 1 hour and a half to complete 4 topics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.