Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    Thought I'd start a thread for everyone applying to Liverpool to study Medicine with a foundation year 2017 entry.
    A nice thread to provide help and support for anyone that needs it!
    A bit about me, I'm 24years old. I've been on and off about perusing a career in medicine for years but never actually did! I've finally applied to this course! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I've applied too, just waiting to hear from them! How long ago did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyLouise)
    Hey! I've applied too, just waiting to hear from them! How long ago did you apply?
    I sent my application of on the 6th Jan!
    What about you?
    What's your background if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine on the 13th! Have you heard anything from them/UCAS? I dropped out of school a number of years ago, only completing AS, since then I've worked a variety of NHS jobs, in both acute surgical and psychiatric care, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    No! Just an email from UCAS saying they had sent it to Liverpool, that's it!
    I'm originally a dancer but have dome some work experience and I'm enrolled on a online course from MIT in biology. I think they will send interviews out this week! I know they've started sending out interviews/rejections for the 5yesar course.

ReputationRep:
    That's really cool! Do you know if they interview for the foundation year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyLouise)
    That's really cool! Do you know if they interview for the foundation year?
    Yeah I think they do!
    I'm surprised there aren't more people on here talking about the course!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have applied for this too - but for veterinary science, although I believe its the same classes just split for different subjects.
    I sent my application in late December and hoping to hear back - I know the 5 year vet interviews were in November.
    When do you think we know if we have an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N.Julia)
    Hey I have applied for this too - but for veterinary science, although I believe its the same classes just split for different subjects.
    I sent my application in late December and hoping to hear back - I know the 5 year vet interviews were in November.
    When do you think we know if we have an interview?
    I think possibly within the next two weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm also an applicant to to this course, sent mine off on the deadline. Have a feeling that may reduce my chances however. Has anyone heard back? Someone should really call them and ask when interview invitations are sent out because I hate the anticipation 😆

ReputationRep:
    I seen on another thread interviews are around march/April so hopefully we'all hear something soon! I imagine that they're sorting the 5year course interviews first!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys there is another thread here

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4534930

Think we should use this one though as more people have commented on here. I rang up a few days ago and they said they haven't got dates for interview yet as they are still busy with the 5 year course :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if you've heard back from the university regarding an interview as yet? I applied last year October for the foundation in Veterinary medicine, still waiting to hear back from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbella11)
    Hi just wondering if you've heard back from the university regarding an interview as yet? I applied last year October for the foundation in Veterinary medicine, still waiting to hear back from them
    Hello, I also applied for the foundation year in Veterinary Medicine and have yet to year regarding an interview - I emailed them recently and they advised me my application was one of the "potentials" sent to the admissions tutor, but that they had not heard back yet about any of those applications so should hear within the next few weeks. I'm worrying because interviews are in March and it's not too long now really! You may be in a similar situation where they've sent your application through and just not heard back.

ReputationRep:
    Hi N.Julia, thanks for getting back to me. I was getting very concerned.. I guess it's just the waiting game.. Good luck 😊

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I rang last week and they said we should hear within the next two weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellem3)
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I rang last week and they said we should hear within the next two weeks...
    No still no response... should be soon.. I hope 😊

ReputationRep:
    Nope still just says they're considering my application! This wait is killing me! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting 😭😭😭

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.