Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have mine today, at 3!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has any questions I did this course in 2013! Things might have changed a little but I'm happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I've just received an email to say i've been offered a place!
    I can't believe it!
    Anyone looking for a house share come September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    If anyone has any questions I did this course in 2013! Things might have changed a little but I'm happy to help
    How are you finding medicine at the university?
    Did you stay in halls for your year 0?
    I can't wait to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeyparamedic)
    How are you finding medicine at the university?
    Did you stay in halls for your year 0?
    I can't wait to start!
    I didn't stay in halls at all! I lived in Gateacre/Woolton in a house in south liverpool as I have a boyfriend and two cats!

Liverpool is an amazing city full of great people. I've enjoyed the course though it's changed now from the PBL curriculum that I did. I started the new curriculum in 3rd year. Apparently the new curriculum is loads better and they teach you a lot more in first and second year rather than just leave you to teach yourself!

Hospital placements are very interesting too! I've been to the Royal, Whiston, and I'm actually at Blackpool now for fourth year.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer on Friday as well

Im looking for somewhere to stay, don't know whether to go for halls or a house/flat share.

Good luck to everybody that still has interviews to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieG101)
    I got an offer on Friday as well

Im looking for somewhere to stay, don't know whether to go for halls or a house/flat share.

Good luck to everybody that still has interviews to go!
    Same! I feel like a flat share would be better because it'll be slightly cheaper and we could be closer to Carmel college!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I can't believe it!
    Hello Everyone,
    congrats on your offers.
    just wanted to ask how everyone found the interviews ?
    and if they would like to give any advice on interview prep?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Congratulations on all the offers. I got mine on Friday too.

Took a drive down to the college yesterday the area look fair nice. I noticed a few house up to rent at the moment for around £450pcm and rooms on rent a room for £70/80.

I am currently considering commuting as I live around a hour away but I may be interested in house share if a few people fancy it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo587)
    Hello Everyone,
    congrats on your offers.
    just wanted to ask how everyone found the interviews ?
    and if they would like to give any advice on interview prep?

I came out of my interview and
    thought I had blown it to be honest.
    They didn't ask me any of the questions I thought they would. It was really relaxed and I think they were trying to get a read of my personality and what I had learnt from my volunteering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonylav)
    Hello everyone,

Took a drive down to the college yesterday the area look fair nice. I noticed a few house up to rent at the moment for around £450pcm and rooms on rent a room for £70/80.

I am currently considering commuting as I live around a hour away but I may be interested in house share if a few people fancy it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey!
    Congrats on the offer!
    I'd be interested, as I'm not sure if I want to do halls and would prefer to be with other year 0 medics!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Congrats on the offer!
    I'd be interested, as I'm not sure if I want to do halls and would prefer to be with other year 0 medics!
    I will drop you a private message now pal and we can talk about it. I am still looking into all the options. Might do halls in year 1 at Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonylav)
    Hello everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I commuted from an hour away (but with traffic on the M6 and A58 ergh! slightly longer), it was good to live at home with those comforts but for exhaustion and money spent on petrol it probably would have been better to live nearer, esp for social side too as most students seemed to live in liverpool and drive/bus in from there.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm going to create a page on Facebook for the all students studying the Foundation to Health and veterinary studies in September. An easy way for us to communicate and meet other students. As well as this it would be a good way to arrange living arrangements ext.

@LiverpoolFoundationHVS

University of Liverpool Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies 2017

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!

I'm looking at applying to this course for the September 2018 intake and am just wondering what kind of backgrounds / work experience you all have? I would really appreciate any tips!

Beth

ReputationRep:
    Hi Beth
    I have worked for virgin trains for nearly ten years so I had zero medical experience before I decided to apply.
    I have volunteer in a hospice for just over a year, serving meals and spending time with patients, and I did a week shadowing on various wards in hospital.
    Anything else I can help with just give me a shout

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for getting back to me @Antonylav - much appreciated!

It's good to hear the volunteer background you got accepted with - very similar to mine at the moment - as that's something I've been worrying about. How did you go about providing an acedemic reference? What was the interview stage like? Anything I should know?

Sorry if I'm a mither, I'm just keen to prepare myself as much as possible!

Beth

ReputationRep:
    It's no problem at all.
    I didn't have to provide an academic reference. I provided one from work instead. The interview did throw me a little i really thought I had messed it up. I spent a lot of time on my personal statement. like months ! That's about it really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, I'm currently on the foundation year for Occupational Therapy. Met the medicine students a few times but based separately. From what I've heard courses are similar. I've enjoyed the foundation year, even though Maths i'm not too passionate about. From speaking to previous students it's a good introduction especially if you've had a few years out of education like myself!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I can't believe it!

Hi Jakey..(and anyone else offered a place), Congrats on the offer! Would love to hear a few short details on how the interview went. What was the dress code required? Did they concentrate on ethical situations? NHS History? Personal questions such as greatest strength/weakness?
    Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2018

University open days

1. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.