Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicineMaybe)
    ah oh rite thanks, makes sense, ill get one for uni instead hopefully
    I would say wait till first year but then again you will have homework and stuff to do so you might need something for at home for research or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the campus code and institute code I’ve got the 789s but no other info I emailed s Hollywood to no avail

They don’t close chase until January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickie89uk)
    Where will we live if we come from London?! Also what’s the deal with parking and cars please?!
    umm liverpool or somewhere near by? you can get halls at liv uni, or some people got flats or house shares. you cant park in the college carpark but you can park on the road its on. theres bus routes from liverpool campus to the college though

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the campus code and institute code I’ve got the 789s but no other info I emailed s Hollywood to no avail

emailed hollywood?
    chase?

It's a college not a campus it's carmel college in st helens

the code for the course used to be A101 but not sure if it is now its though ucas

ReputationRep:
    I have a car and im thinking of just bringing my car out for the first year since its in st helens. hopefully if i get to uni ill just commute as it will be near town

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 702096702100
    (Original post by squeak)
    emailed hollywood?
    chase?

the code for the course used to be A101 but not sure if it is now its though ucas
    Name:  FFC07399-F696-4724-8E38-6A2D9EA96316.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  212.6 KB Yeah contact Sean Hollywood for more info you have to apply via ucas and chase require as standard a institute and campus codeAttachment 702096702100702100
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  5A8E7067-1BCB-48D0-8E0A-F032E3F09528.png
Views: 87
Size:  218.3 KB
    (Original post by squeak)
    emailed hollywood?
    chase?

Attachment 702104702106

Attached Images

ReputationRep:

You apply to the University of Liverpool through Ucas and don’t need to specify the campus. The course code is the one in the screenshots above.
    At Carmel I used to park on the car park next to the college at the rugby club which was £1.50 per day or £6 per week. Lots of people park on the roads nearby as well but it can be tricky to find a space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amberooney)
    You apply to the University of Liverpool through Ucas and don’t need to specify the campus. The course code is the one in the screenshots above.
    At Carmel I used to park on the car park next to the college at the rugby club which was £1.50 per day or £6 per week. Lots of people park on the roads nearby as well but it can be tricky to find a space.

ah yeah should have mentioned that, I was always early as I commuted so always got a street space, my friends parked in the rugby club!

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 702096702100

Name:  FFC07399-F696-4724-8E38-6A2D9EA96316.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  212.6 KB Yeah contact Sean Hollywood for more info you have to apply via ucas and chase require as standard a institute and campus codeAttachment 702096702100702100

ahh right ok, sorry I applied before it was a UCAS course.

ReputationRep:
    How long is it taking people to get to carmel college roughly on a morning from where you live in Liverpool ?

ReputationRep:
    Will I automatically transfer to A100 (5year course) if I am successful in completeing year 0 of the foundation course through Carmel. Is this right or will I still have to apply to Medicine A100

Also I assume my personal statement for Carmel still has to be as it would be if I were applying for A100 and other medical school course

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone know interview style?!

ReputationRep:
    If you get over 70% on the foundation year, it is guaranteed progression onto the 5 year course.Yes, your ps should be as it would if you were applying for A100Interview style last year was 1:2, kind of informal chat about yourself and motivation for medicine, think they wanted to get a feel for the person rather than hear pre prepared interview questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyLouise)
    If you get over 70% on the foundation year, it is guaranteed progression onto the 5 year course.Yes, your ps should be as it would if you were applying for A100Interview style last year was 1:2, kind of informal chat about yourself and motivation for medicine, think they wanted to get a feel for the person rather than hear pre prepared interview questions
    Amazing thank you so much.

I did a personal statement based on normal Medicine applications with all things I would put in it if I were applying to a standard 5 year course.

I did worry about MMI as i am terrified of that type of interview. So it’s not like ethical based or MMI stations just a chat about how you came to the decision to train as a Doctors and your general attributes as a person.

I’m really terrified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torsby)

I did a personal statement based on normal Medicine applications with all things I would put in it if I were applying to a standard 5 year course.

I did worry about MMI as i am terrified of that type of interview. So it’s not like ethical based or MMI stations just a chat about how you came to the decision to train as a Doctors and your general attributes as a person.

I’m really terrified
    Am I right in thinking A level topics like ATP Anatomy, food etc will occur and then chemistry biochemistry will occur...

Please tell me maths won’t be a huge part like C3 and C4 because I hear they are awful.

Thanks

ReputationRep:

I’m really terrified

Then your personal statement should be pretty spot on!
    Personally, I thought it seemed like they interviewed everyone who met the criteria (like over a certain age, so many years since education, good work exp) so although the personal statement is important I don't think it's the deal breaker.

Yeah no mmis, just a chat about yourself, the stuff you put in your personal statement and other interview styled questions

Don't be terrified, the application process is pretty geared up to people who have been out of education for ages. They're not expecting hours of interview prep and overanalysed personal statements, they just want people who really want to do the course

ReputationRep:
    Guys i started a thread for 2018 entry https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5058806
    but if the conversation is carrying on here then I'll join in.

Hello everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AllyLouise)
    Then your personal statement should be pretty spot on!
    Personally, I thought it seemed like they interviewed everyone who met the criteria (like over a certain age, so many years since education, good work exp) so although the personal statement is important I don't think it's the deal breaker.

Yeah no mmis, just a chat about yourself, the stuff you put in your personal statement and other interview styled questions

Don't be terrified, the application process is pretty geared up to people who have been out of education for ages. They're not expecting hours of interview prep and overanalysed personal statements, they just want people who really want to do the course
    Thank you very much I am not so worried now. You’ve been a great help.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much I am not so worried now. You’ve been a great help.
    Hi Torsby,

Im applying for 2018 too for Dentistry, from speaking to one of the tutors at Carmel she said it was Human Biology more based and topics relevant to med/den. As for maths very little (thank god) there is some health and social care topics etc too. Are you already in Liverpool ?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.